Holmes Road.

P.C.M

11 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Hi Peter. This is all looking very nice. Are you still running the existing 00 layout alongside the new 0 project?

Hi Lee, I was running Llanbourne last night  and still working on it and stock. The 0 Gauge has to be set up outside if I want to run it. The boards sit against the wall, I can set up two boards in the garage to work on which I really need to do but I have been working on the OBA and class 08 so haven't done anything to the layout in a while.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Peter,

Getting back to your class 20s, I always have trouble getting the body on and off, especially the cab end. I have improved it by filing all the edges of the chassis and cab body where they touch, it is a very tight fit.

Your 7mm stock is looking good. As you can imagine my O gauge is stored at present, garden railway shut for winter and no chance of getting to New Milton club layout for a run this winter with the lockdowns. So concentrating on my loft OO which is 1960s at present and it is finally getting some scenics after all these years.

Best Wishes

John

On 09/01/2021 at 07:38, Oakdale said:

Hi Peter,

Getting back to your class 20s, I always have trouble getting the body on and off, especially the cab end. I have improved it by filing all the edges of the chassis and cab body where they touch, it is a very tight fit.

Your 7mm stock is looking good. As you can imagine my O gauge is stored at present, garden railway shut for winter and no chance of getting to New Milton club layout for a run this winter with the lockdowns. So concentrating on my loft OO which is 1960s at present and it is finally getting some scenics after all these years.

Best Wishes

John

Hi John, I still have the railfreight one to do but the blue one was as you say really hard to get the body off and I did file some off the chassis to get the dam thing back on. 

Nothing happening with my 7mm at the moment it's been a bit warm out in the garage. Plus I have been running the layout recently.

Your 00 is looking good you might as well make use of your time if your stuck at home. 

All the best, stay safe.

• 1 month later...
On 21/02/2021 at 20:20, 37114 said:

Nice pictures Peter, I do like that class 25.

Thanks Rob, I need to get on with the layout,  you seem to be flying along with yours. I just have trouble finding the time at the moment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That Peak looks good. I must get round to respraying mine. I bought one green and one blue but the blue was a poor runner. Tower replaced it no quibble and the replacement ran perfectly.

Still no idea how this happened but it was a good 6 months before I realised I'd ended up with two green ones and by then blue had all gone!

On 26/02/2021 at 06:53, Hal Nail said:

That Peak looks good. I must get round to respraying mine. I bought one green and one blue but the blue was a poor runner. Tower replaced it no quibble and the replacement ran perfectly.

Still no idea how this happened but it was a good 6 months before I realised I'd ended up with two green ones and by then blue had all gone!

Thanks, I noticed the blue sold out fairly quickly I might at some point change the headnote to the sealed beam type but I am happy with it for now, I does run well.

Cheers Peter.

On 05/03/2021 at 08:32, Joner said:

Great sound. Who's sound file is this? 

Paul 

Hi Paul, The sound chip is a Zimo MX645r which is designed for 00 gauge but I have removed one motor. The sound isPaul Chetter. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a long time coming but 20059 is finally back together. These things are an absolute nightmare to get the body back on. I still haven't  run it yet so I am hoping I haven't crushed any wires.

Anyway I am happy with how it looks.

Cheers Peter.

20210906_213150.jpg

20210906_213210.jpg

20210906_213203.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

It's been a long time coming but 20059 is finally back together. These things are an absolute nightmare to get the body back on. I still haven't  run it yet so I am hoping I haven't crushed any wires.

Anyway I am happy with how it looks.

Cheers Peter.

20210906_213150.jpg

20210906_213210.jpg

20210906_213203.jpg

Lucky you got it apart couldn't get the windows out of mine to fit the driver!

Edited by hoover50008
more info

21 hours ago, hoover50008 said:

Lucky you got it apart couldn't get the windows out of mine to fit the driver!

Thats another problem, getting into the cab isn't easy either. you have to lever out the front windows which allows you to get to the screws on the bulkhead. You can then slide up the cab. 

Just remember once a driver is in place it will make it harder to replace the screws in the bulkhead when replacing the cab.

Cheers Peer.

• Like 1

Doing up the Cl20 is a nightmare.  The body only comes off with great difficulty and I broke the corner steps doing that.  I reinstated them with scrap brass.  Agree that the cab is difficult to get out and I put it back wrong which took me ages to figure out and correct.

Elapsed time from when I got it to having it in service was about a year because I got fed up with trying to wire up the decoder and put it aside.  It looks and sounds good now but it has put me off Heljan.

John

3 hours ago, 47606odin said:

My 20’s are sat on the shelf after I broke one cab trying to get the windows out. I think I’m going to rebody then with MM1 shells, so it will also get rid of the over round top

Hi Ian, I remember  you having a problem. Is the cab not fixable.

Certainly agree the MM1 has a better shape. I was thinking of getting one to do a dummy to run with my other two but I am worried they would look too different.

Cheers Peter.

12 hours ago, brossard said:

Doing up the Cl20 is a nightmare.  The body only comes off with great difficulty and I broke the corner steps doing that.  I reinstated them with scrap brass.  Agree that the cab is difficult to get out and I put it back wrong which took me ages to figure out and correct.

Elapsed time from when I got it to having it in service was about a year because I got fed up with trying to wire up the decoder and put it aside.  It looks and sounds good now but it has put me off Heljan.

John

Hi John, I think the class 20 is the worst  re taking the body off my 37 25 and 45 were all ok.

Cheers Peter.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Ian, I remember  you having a problem. Is the cab not fixable.

Certainly agree the MM1 has a better shape. I was thinking of getting one to do a dummy to run with my other two but I am worried they would look too different.

Cheers Peter.

its repairable, but doesn’t really matter as I need to make bigger windows for 901. However, it’s the shape issue for me, not bad from the cab end, but it’s the nose that makes it look worse

5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

its repairable, but doesn’t really matter as I need to make bigger windows for 901. However, it’s the shape issue for me, not bad from the cab end, but it’s the nose that makes it look worse

Let me know if you ever decide to go the MM1 route I might be interested in the body if you want to sell it.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I have temporarily set the layout up in the spare room so I could do some work on it. After setting up the two scenic boards I worked out I could just about fit the traverser up. So I have been playing trains just making sure it all works. 

The air did turn blue when the wife went in to get something. She only thought I was setting up two boards.

20210926_181822.jpg

20210926_181849.jpg

20210926_205804.jpg

20210926_210233.jpg

20210928_183308.jpg

20210928_183328.jpg

• Like 9