Holt Model Railways/Mikes Models

landscapes

Hi 

Can anyone please advise.

Is Mikes Models and Holt Model Railways two different companies or one of the same.

Also are they still  located in Swansea?

I have been trying to order some Water Cranes and there Web-ste is all but useless at the present time, unless there is a technical problem with it.

Also I rang the contact telephone number 01792 232264 and no one answers.

The strange thing is I was accessing their website last weekend without any problems.

Any ideas how to communicate with them and who of the two companies will I be talking to.

Regards

David

The last time I was there (which is months ago now) they were one and the same company. Tried looking at their website now and it doesn't seem to be working.

Hi Bilbo

Thanks for the reply, it may be they are just having a problem with their web-site.

I will just keep trying, at least I know its not my computer causing the problem.

Regards

David

I know of several  people who have emailed them about MM products (myself included) and had no reply. The item I enquired about is listed separately as Not Available and Out of Stock, but the site also says Will be re-manufactured. My enquiry was a couple of years ago and nothing has changed. As it is a white metal casting, then I assume that nothing will, so will have to get around to producing my own.

• RMweb Gold

Must be 20+ years since I last went in there (when visiting friends who lived just down the road). The owner was not young then so if there has not been a change of ownership he must be a considerable age now and not really of the IT generation.

Many thanks to all the replies.

Just an update, I tried the website again late afternoon and it was working again as normal.

I also emailed them earlier today and got a reply back so it seems business as usual.

Thanks again.

david

• 5 months later...

I had a thought this morning to see about Mikes Models but the Holt Models site:  http://www.holtmodelrailways.co.uk/index.htm doesn't appear to work, at least I couldn't get the search function to work.

Anyone had any dealings since June.

Mikes Models kits make up into really great models and it would be a crying shame if the range was gone.

John

Edited by brossard

• RMweb Premium

I've just tried the website and it appears not to work. This seems to be a more frequent occurrence recently.

Just tried myself and the website comes up, but many of the links do not function, or go to the wrong place.

A shame as they were often competetively priced and therefore I often used Holt Models as my 'first choice' supplier in previous years.

• RMweb Premium

Advertised in Model Rail- why not ring them?

In my case merely curious as to the state of the website, but others may wish to contact them direct.

There's nothing I want to buy at present

• RMweb Premium

I emailed Holt Models today today to make sure they were aware of the website problems and received the following:

Thanks , apologies , none of it is current,y functioning as we need to change it to comply with new regulations being introduced .
If there is any specific query you have please just reply to me on this email and I will assist .

No indication of timescale but hopefully will be sorted.

Graham

I emailed Holt Models today today to make sure they were aware of the website problems and received the following:

Thanks , apologies , none of it is current,y functioning as we need to change it to comply with new regulations being introduced .

If there is any specific query you have please just reply to me on this email and I will assist .

No indication of timescale but hopefully will be sorted.

Graham

That's good to hear as I was planning on purchasing some more items off them in the future, given that I live on the south side of the equator using their online service is my only option for shopping with them, I'm also hoping that they will gradually increase the availabilty of some of the Mikes Models range. Edited by David Stannard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Received the following email from Holt Model railways this afternoon.

Further to our email exchange before Christmas , just a quick note to advise we have a new host , there is currently only a list of some of the value items listed and we have yet to decide whether to go ahead with a new online ordering page because of the new regulations being introduced in May , hence at present it will not function from the drop down menus

We will also go on and list the Mikes models castings we have available.

Thanks for taking the trouble to contact us in the first place.

I thanked them for updating me on the situation.

Graham

• 1 year later...