Bachmann 94xx

OnTheBranchline

• RMweb Premium
On 27/01/2024 at 00:15, Butler Henderson said:

Purchased the preserved 9466 model which I found has no etched number plates with it. Bachmann have confirmed that none are supplied.

Easy enough to sort aftermarket ones

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

Yes that's why I raised it with them as other 94xx's have had etched plates supplied with them.

Wonder if its a new (unwelcome) policy or just an error of omission? Can anyone confirm whether models from the latest batch apart from 9466 include plates?

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Wonder if its a new (unwelcome) policy or just an error of omission? Can anyone confirm whether models from the latest batch apart from 9466 include plates?

None of my Bachmann 5700 and 8750 Pannier tanks came with etched numbers, so I suspect providing them with earlier 94xx was the exception.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

None of my Bachmann 5700 and 8750 Pannier tanks came with etched numbers, so I suspect providing them with earlier 94xx was the exception.

Does seem more random than I thought - the latest 24/1's include the tiny etched builders plates for example

• RMweb Premium
On 31/01/2024 at 13:52, MikeParkin65 said:

I purchased 9481  (35-026A) last week.   No etched plates

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good evening folks,

Like PMP 99, I bought a 9481 last December and there were no etched plates with it.

Not a problem as I am going to renumber it.

Edit: Plates now acquired from 247 Developments to renumber mine to 8432 (OXF - 81F).

Cheers, Nigel.

Edited by GMKAT7
Added info.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I purchased a BR Black version with sound, I will check to see if mine has brass plates.

Was purchased for project which I doubt I will get around to building so I guess I will it at some stage.

Terry