Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

I was on the NYMR today, and Mk1 16191 appeared to be having a problem with a ‘trip hazard identified - it was locked out of use. They said something about a problem with the floor in the corridor of the first class section. I’m not sure if it will be taken out of service for repairs. They seemed uncertain about that.

And the 101 was displaying Kirkby, amongst others destinations today. ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Tell me when it gets to Hunts Cross as I want to get off!

:locomotive: 

Jason

I was on the NYMR today, and Mk1 16191 appeared to be having a problem with a ‘trip hazard identified - it was locked out of use. They said something about a problem with the floor in the corridor of the first class section. I’m not sure if it will be taken out of service for repairs. They seemed uncertain about that.

And the 101 was displaying Kirkby, amongst others destinations today. ;)

Regards,

Rob.

Ouch. I hope they can fix the trip hazard soon.

And speaking of DMU destination boards, I got another screencap of one today as well.

DMU & 76079

The angle of the lighting does make it tricky to read, but I'm thinking it says Manchester Oxford Road, given there were a couple of terminus platforms there from looking on Google Maps (although there's only one in use right now).

I also noticed the centre car wasn't in use either. Was it for routine maintenance or something a bit more serious? Either way, I hope its fixed soon as well.

Also, 76079 behind the DMU as if to say 'Can I go on shed now? I need to be serviced'.

• RMweb Premium

Just looking at the DMU in a bit more detail, wondering if there are any plans to remove the the NRN low profile antennas?

Regards, Ian.

• RMweb Gold

Here's a photo' of the DMU, complete with Kirkby on the destination board, which I took earlier today at Pickering. I hope it's OK to post it here. If not, I'll move it to my East Yorkshire  thread.

post-22631-0-20191000-1524779269_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Rob.

P.S. The TSL, centre car was in use earlier today, so I'm wondering if it was taken out of use owing to not many passengers expected late in the day?

Edited by Market65
  • Like 2

Well I'm back with another screencap, and another DMU destination board, this time for Leeds.

DMU 6

Looking at what Market65 said about passenger numbers late in the day, that could also be true.

Looking at the Grosmont webcam tonight (10th May) instead of the 17.10 from Whitby running onto the NYMR tracks it stopped at the Network Rail platform, does anyone know if this was a special working?

Also, I notice that steam trains heading towards Pickering show an Express headlamp code instead of a stopping passenger code, does the railway have it’s own set of lamp codes?

Brian

Looking at the Grosmont webcam tonight (10th May) instead of the 17.10 from Whitby running onto the NYMR tracks it stopped at the Network Rail platform, does anyone know if this was a special working?

Also, I notice that steam trains heading towards Pickering show an Express headlamp code instead of a stopping passenger code, does the railway have it’s own set of lamp codes?

Brian.

Point 1: It ran down to Battersby and back.See here:www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/GMT/2018/05/11/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Point 2:Whitby trains run as Class 1 (express passenger) because the public timetable says non stop between Grosmont and Whitby.

Hope this is useful.

Edited by Tug002

I see that the page for the webcams has changed. The Goathland camera has now re-appeared but with a view down the bank towards Darnholm & Grosmont - it'll be good to see the locos at work coming up the bank. Unfortunately the Grosmont camera link does not seem to be working just now - I guess this may well be temporary whilst the web site updates are all applied.  

I saw quite a bit of J27 Grosmont 'pottering' today!!

Edited by s182ggu

• RMweb Gold

I see that the page for the webcams has changed. The Goathland camera has now re-appeared but with a view down the bank towards Darnholm & Grosmont - it'll be good to see the locos at work coming up the bank. Unfortunately the Grosmont camera link does not seem to be working just now - I guess this may well be temporary whilst the web site updates are all applied.  

It's been up and down the hill between trains most of the day.

Having just looked now, it seems that both cameras are now online OK - enjoy the views!!

Having just looked now, it seems that both cameras are now online OK - enjoy the views!!

Yeah, I nearly panicked when I couldn't find the page for it at first, but I managed to find it on the page for Grosmont station itself, and just in case, I've provided the link to it below.

http://www.nymr.co.uk/grosmont-station

I also managed to get a screenshot of the J27 whilst it was in Platform 4.

Return Of The J27

Good to see the old girl back again.

I've also provided the link to the Goathland webcam as well if anyone wants it.

http://www.nymr.co.uk/goathland-webcam

Just seen the pictures of the J27 from Thursday, and I'm glad she's getting a chance to stretch her legs once more.

As for further screencaps, I got a couple of the B1 today, mainly because of the headboard. one at Grosmont,

B1 Wedding Belle

And one at Goathland as well (Will I be alright putting it here, or would creating a new thread for the Goathland webcam be more appropriate?)

B1 Goathland

Not sure who the happy couple are, but I know better than to be nosy. Still, congratulations to the happy couple, and in more ways than one given we had the royal wedding today as well.