Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

As I understand it the first batch of ten V Class were not fitted with smoke deflectors when new. Subsequent batches were, and the first 10 were retrofitted during 1931. Repton was in the 3rd batch (1934) so should really have the deflectors.

I stand ready to be corrected.

• RMweb Gold

Things looked to be going well at the Gala on Saturday. Stations absolutely heaving and all trains seemed to be running more or less to time.

They seemed to be way behind on Friday morning but soon caught up, the timetable looks to be quite generous so they can do this.

It was just a transfer move sweetums, on the back of a train going to Grosmont for a HUGE amount of shunting tomorrow

Fair enough. Saves on a light engine movement at the end of the day as well.

Also, a few more screenshots of the gala, firstly at Goathland with the birthday girls climbing up the bank (only cause I missed them leaving Grosmont)

Birthday Girls At Goathland

Then 80136 heading the other way,

80136 Goathland

Before arriving at Grosmont 12 minutes later, with the Bongo waiting in Platform 4,

80136 & B1 Grosmont

76079 was next in from Pickering after the B1 had moved to shunt the stock away,

76079 & B1 Grosmont

With Repton at the back. Can't help but wonder how long refitting the smoke deflectors would have taken the night before.

926 & B1 Grosmont

Next its the two southerners after 34081 had returned from servicing,

34081 & 926

And finally, the pair preparing to double head the last train of the day. Slight change from the roster (76079 was the original pilot), but all the same, quite the formidable combo.

926 & 34081 Grosmont

Anyone know if the visitors are staying for the War Weekend yet? I know 2857's booked to visit the East Lancs gala the week afterwards. And thinking about it, it would be easier to keep it here until then rather than it going back to Bridgnorth and then going back out again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On the webpage:

Notice: Due to maintenance on the Signal Gantry, Grosmont Station webcam will be offline for a week commencing 21/03/19. We understand that many of you like to view the webcam, but please refrain from contacting us about it being offline, it will be back up when the work has been completed. Thank You.

• RMweb Gold

Was passed this morning and the dolls were laid on a wagon and the bracket was missing, tonight the bracket was back but the dolls were still on the wagon*.

*despite the amount of gin available in the shop opposite... 

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...