Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

I often think that when looking on the webcam at the trackwork at Grosmont Station that if I reproduced that trackwork on my layout in that Grosmont condition I could save myself all the hassle of ballasting.

Just filler and some black weathering powder, and maybe some yacht varnish for the pools of water. (AM)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/12/2019 at 19:36, russ p said:

Were you there in the 80s then? I'm mates with and work with Gordon Dolimore 

No, met him several times since though, he's a regular to the NYMR with ballast trains & bridge trains etc.  i know Gordon, not seen him for quite some time know.  I seem to remember his wife used to work in the Tea Room in Pickering.

• RMweb Gold

Aye mark  does do a few trips down the branch. I still sign it but need a review now did an MPV  down there a couple of years back

Not sure with Gordon's wife there have been quite a few women with him in the past!

On 20/12/2019 at 17:33, Bucoops said:

I *just* caught the end of it I think - empty flat wagon of some kind? I'm guessing this is the new bridge 27?

There is a "real" train parked at Goathland. As you suggest loaded with bridge bits of various types on BDAs with flats as under runners, and loaded SPA. Looks to be easily viewed across fields yesterday (I was on Santa special hauled by 9F Rudolph with a class 37 at the other end).

Paul

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

There is a "real" train parked at Goathland. As you suggest loaded with bridge bits of various types on BDAs with flats as under runners, and loaded SPA. Looks to be easily viewed across fields yesterday (I was on Santa special hauled by 9F Rudolph with a class 37 at the other end).

Paul

There's a BEA in the mix as well ;)

i'm around the 31st if you want a really close look

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Boris said:

In theory you should see the schools dotting about tomorrow on and off from about 945 stretching its legs.

I was expecting to see 20s and 40s on track lifting trains , those rusty rails look like it was in the late 60s when scrap trains were still coming from the malton direction