Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

I would imagine that's the case and perhaps a lot of people don't expect them open today with rules changing on Monday, I was surprised they were carrying passengers yesterday.

Perhaps they did it on purpose so they had a quiet start to iron out any issues before the public is fully unleashed tomorrow.

Or is because no one wants to see two Black 5s and an S15? The SVR seems to be doing very well with their Spring Diesel Bash (9 locos in operation, all trains double-headed/TNT): this page shows very few tables/compartments free on what are presumably the same 7-coach trains: 

https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=177

Just now, Daddyman said:

Or is because no one wants to see two Black 5s and an S15? The SVR seems to be doing very well with their Spring Diesel Bash (9 locos in operation, all trains double-headed/TNT): this page shows very few tables/compartments free on what are presumably the same 7-coach trains: 

https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=177

It's fairly typical motive power for the NYMR, there is also a 25 doing the circuits I believe, it's not a special weekend.

A lot of people visit the NYMR for the scenery as well as the steam haulage and I would imagine there are more people out for the scenery and to hear a steam engine than the specific locomotive hauling it.

The SVR do what they do very well, the NYMR is also successful at what it does.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

There was a rough shunt at 10.30. The class 20 ran into the back of some carriages at about 10mph or less; my dad alerted me to it, and I went on to the site and could see the aftermath, but couldn't rewind; then within a few seconds they switched the camera off.  

Edited by Daddyman

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Daddyman said:

There was a rough shunt at 10.30. The class 20 ran into the back of some carriages at about 10mph or less; my dad alerted me to it, and I went on to the site and could see the aftermath, but couldn't rewind; then within a few seconds they switched the camera off.  

Hopefully everyone is ok, and there's no damage.

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Hmm, says no "serious injuries" which implies there may have been some non-serious. 10mph isn't much but there's a lot of momentum in a loco even at that speed.

5 hours ago, 60526 said:

Ok thanks for the detail. What is the plan for the blue 47 that has come up from the WSR, is it going to be fitted with some clever electronics so that it can run up to Whitby? 

It's not actually arrived yet - there are issues with transportation logistics.

The Yorkshire Post article sums up what happened this morning, there's not much more to add.

It's obviously not appropriate to live-stream a platform full of people who have been shook up by the event, so we took the Grosmont camera down this morning.

It will remain offline for the next day or so - but hopefully back in time for the Gala this weekend.

According to Realtime Trains - Tornado will be leaving Crewe HC at around midnight if you want to watch it on Railcam UK.

• Friendly/supportive 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High fire risk, so the NYMR is trying to run a peak summer season service between Whitby and Pickering with two Class 37s.

Three trains each way per day, pre-book only. Do you really have to pay for the whole Whitby - Pickering trip if you only want to go from Grosmont to Goathland?

Not looking forward to my trip to North Yorks in two weeks quite so much now. Let's hope it rains.

• RMweb Premium
On 27/06/2022 at 13:48, Free At Last said:

Can't get it to scroll back, is it just me or is it not working for others.
It was a useful feature, saved looking at empty platforms.

No, it's not just you, they changed it a few months ago. I assume as part of the fallout from the class 20 accident at Grosmont.

On 10/07/2022 at 10:05, Flittersnoop said:

High fire risk, so the NYMR is trying to run a peak summer season service between Whitby and Pickering with two Class 37s.

Three trains each way per day, pre-book only. Do you really have to pay for the whole Whitby - Pickering trip if you only want to go from Grosmont to Goathland?

Not looking forward to my trip to North Yorks in two weeks quite so much now. Let's hope it rains.

You can book tickets on the day, and there's at least one full line trip (Grosmont - Pickering) available for ticket holders without needing to book to go to Whitby as well. It's not particularly clear from the website though that you can do short journeys. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...