Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

• RMweb Gold

Not webcam related but definitely NYMR related ;)

Is there set train times that the teak set is used? I'm popping up one day next week to see "my" set (not really mine of course but first visit since becoming an LNERCA member) and would love to ride on them :)

Thanks

When I went last monday it was used on the 11.00 from Pickering and the 16.30 from Grosmont.

From looking at post #265 it seems as if the 11.00 from Pickering is a regular duty for the set but I don't know about the 16.30 from Grosmont.

Hope this helps,

Jamie 

It also does the 12.30 from Grosmont.

Go on the NYMR website and download the full timetable, if the date has a thick black border it means the dining train is running, and that runs at 12:30 ex Grosmont instead of the Teak set on those dates.

Great thank you :)

Yeap correct set on at 11.00 from Pickering normally with a steam engine. Returns as the next service out of Grosmont unless diner out - normally Friday and weekends at lunchtime. Back at 16.30 from Grosmont normally with a steam engine. Recommend paying the extra £4 for sitting in the salon on way from Pickering to Grosmont. Always like that set when on duty as can cash up on the large table in the salon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

and well done on becoming an LNERCA member. I was stunned when I found out one small bit of teak was £300, so well worth it. 

I was so disgusted when the set was vandalised I took the "opportunity" to find out a bit more about them and hopefully be of a little bit of help :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was so disgusted when the set was vandalised I took the "opportunity" to find out a bit more about them and hopefully be of a little bit of help :)

You're not the only one who was angry about what happened. I was absolutely furious when I heard about the Teak Set getting vandalised, and the little sods are lucky that I don't have a car, or I'd have been up there to give them all the hairdryer treatment, at the very least.

Anyways, I shouldn't really rant here, especially as I did notice something during this afternoon.

37264 Breakdown Train

From the looks of it, it's clearly the breakdown crane behind the Growler, so does anyone know why it was out? Just curious more than anything really.

Edited by Markus0188
  • Like 1

The Goathland camera is back up and running, not attached to the wobbly signal this time, could do with turning a little to the right though.

https://www.nymr.co.uk/goathland-webcam

Thanks for the heads up.

I can hear my boss already groaning at the prospect of more distraction 10 mins either side of a Grosmont movement.

What the...

attachicon.gifOMG.JPG

Has to be a gauging run for the pair as they're due to star in the steam gala this weekend. Still it is quite the combo, and imagine the noise they'd make double heading a service train up Goathland Bank. Let's just hope they're both running on Friday when I attend.

Also, clumsy here forgot to upload a couple of screencaps from the repositioned webcam at Goathland yesterday.

First, don't know how relevant this is, but I did catch a black and white moggy crossing the tracks at one point, and I've circled it so no-one misses it,

Goathland Moggy

Next came the Bongo heading down the bank to Grosmont,

1264 Goathland

Then birthday girl 2857 with the teaks at Grosmont this afternoon, and boy she looks a treat.

2857 Grosmont

Speaking of bongos 1264 is masquerading as 1251 Oliver Bury today

attachicon.gif654C8404-5739-415B-B0C4-5A43C4249CD1.png

Yeah, it was running in that guise when I went on Friday as well. It's namely for next week's gala at the Great Central, Loughborough, so chances are, the owners have got it done early so they didn't have to rush. And speaking of Repton, I was surprised to see it running without its smoke deflectors when I saw it at Goathland. I know I've seen a picture of sister 'Stowe' running without them at the Bluebell, so maybe they weren't fitted with them when they were first built.

Anyway, I got some more screencaps from the gala today, firstly of the Q6 with the 1967 Blue Star (which had been fitted to the J27 on the Friday), and the Bongo,

Q6 & B1

Then 80136 as it arrived from Pickering,

80136 & B1

With Eric on the back,

Eric & B1

Then 2857 coming off shed for the 5.15 with Repton in Platform 4,

2857 & 926

Then a full house of 34081, the B1 and Eric,

34081, B1 & Eric

And finally 80136 back from servicing, waiting to swap places with the Bulleid.

34081, Eric & 80136

And before I forget, had an excellent day when I went on Friday, managed to see all the locos running. The end of the day run up Goathland Bank behind 80136 definitely being the highlight. God, the noise was terrific.
Edited by Markus0188