Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

How come I can get this webcam and not the WSR or the SDR which are both on Railcam uk.  I was informed that my computer was at fault but apparently not so as the Grosmont cam works fine.

Brian.

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, brianusa said:

How come I can get this webcam and not the WSR or the SDR which are both on Railcam uk.  I was informed that my computer was at fault but apparently not so as the Grosmont cam works fine.

Brian.

If you use IE you can select that as browser.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

In related news, the HLF has awarded £4.4m to the railway for, among other things, a carriage shed, four new disabled access coaches (three Mk.1s and a Gresley), the replacement of the life-expired Goathland bridges, and an appenticeship scheme.

https://www.nymr.co.uk/news/national-lottery-funding-safeguards-the-future-of-world-famous-visitor-attraction

S&T have a love / hate relationship with the webcam. Sometimes they wave and say hello, sometimes we get a hand over the camera. Either way I think they are brilliant and keep everything going under difficult working circumstances ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JamieR4489 said:

29 is back in steam

876917817_29atgrosmont.png.164e09709ac6c5eb51e5d74f4459c4ba.png

Nice. Now we've got both reopening train locos running again. Question is, with the gold timetable now in use, where's the best place for both of them to run?

I'd go with Wensleydale. Close enough to get to for check-ups and in case of problems, and they get 2 for the price of 1 for their summer service.

On 22/07/2019 at 18:10, Markus0188 said:

Nice. Now we've got both reopening train locos running again. Question is, with the gold timetable now in use, where's the best place for both of them to run?

I'd go with Wensleydale. Close enough to get to for check-ups and in case of problems, and they get 2 for the price of 1 for their summer service.

The P3 went to Wensleydale for the summer yesterday and I think the tin bucket is off to Peak Rail in a week or two.

Watch out for brake van rides between 3 and 4 today.

• Informative/Useful 1

I also managed to catch the brake van rides as well, with 76079 also present prior to the 4.30 service, and eventually 2238 when it arrived as well.

892079460_76079223808556Grosmont.jpg.28cb91a8f5079ce654c45815a1b87724.jpg

Obviously, the 08 moved over to Platform 4 so the T2 could arrive, but its presence did allow it to shunt Set 1 away for the night as well.

893180435_7607908556Grosmont.jpg.ff9014ff20c3a8d9c54cb4b3a58f52e9.jpg

Just out of curiosity, were the brake van rides part of the 'Schools' out for summer promotion? Or was it a one day event? Either way, I hope they did well.

Mark

• Like 1

That's not me @RedgateModels it's one of our S&T techs running down a bad track circuit before we started playing again.  But he did have a line block because we have a gadget for that now, I press a button and he takes a key out which locks the signals in/out of the platforms.

Usually the diesel service loco would put the set away but it was on shed being swapped for a 37 so as the pilot was there doing brake van rides it would have been rude not to use it!

This week is junior volunteer week on the NYMR - we have a really active juniors section for 8-15 year olds and this is their entire week working on  the railway doing "proper" jobs rather than maintenance jobs etc that they normally do.  Some are working with catering and retail as well as lineside groups and the older ones are allowed to do cleaning turns and shadow ticket examiners and guards.  There are 45 of them this year and the brake van rides were a reward for them for their work.

We have a high number of people stay on after "graduating" from the program and we recently passed out our first driver who joined the railway through the program.  It's also got us a couple of guards and a couple of signalmen.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Boris said:

That's not me @RedgateModels it's one of our S&T techs running down a bad track circuit before we started playing again.  But he did have a line block because we have a gadget for that now, I press a button and he takes a key out which locks the signals in/out of the platforms.

I knew it wasn't you Boris, glad that you have protection systems in place :)

• Like 1

On 22/07/2019 at 15:00, JamieR4489 said:

29 is back in steam

Fantastic to see her running again. 

In celebration of the return of No,29 we/I've been working on a OO gauge model of the Loco, the thread is at the following (the LNER Forum)

https://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13199&sid=e15be1548dff236b1aea85bf05d2f514

Cheers, Paul. 

• Like 1

Not our first driver Boris, I think you may have forgot someone who you could upset.

J.P.

Robson isn't the first?

Your quite right Boris Robson was the first, however he has been a driver for a couple of years now and

when you said we have recently passed out our first driver I thought you where refering to Merrick.:imsohappy:

J.P.

Edited by LNERJP

• RMweb Gold

2253 will be leaving fairly soon, and both 2253 and 29 have been largely worked on by volunteer groups, but there aren't many lines which can outshop two engines on the same day and light the first warming fire in a third newly overhauled engine in the same week. A remarkable achievement by all concerned.

• Agree 1

I also got a couple of screencaps of the odd bedfellows this afternoon as well. First at Grosmont while the B1 was just arriving in the distance,

466811255_292253Grosmont.jpg.fb30a052f2f80521d1c445e682b4d19b.jpg

And then at Goathland on their way to Pickering.

1095959086_225329Goathland.jpg.8841791020090e212744766b168fe71a.jpg

I really hope the Yankee Dan returns here once Paignton have enough engines of their own, cause I really think it belongs here, especially as I'm sure 3803 is still up for sale at Buckfastleigh, and Paignton would be a good home for it. Also, was the warming fire lit in 825 by any chance, as I did see a picture in the latest Steam Railway magazine showing it was close to being finished off.

Mark