Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

• 2 weeks later...

I personally find that hard to believe - we've had snow in Gloucestershire,albeit at 200 metres above sea level...

I live 3 miles from Grosmont, I think I can look out the window and make an educated guess as to what the weather is doing

Been watching the camera over the weekend and noticed a loco had been deposited in the sidings at the far end of the station. Decided to keep an eye on the camera today and caught the Deltic being taken away top and tailed this dinner time, any idea of what the locos were that dragged it away?

Hey look - they've had snow!!!

Honestly I'm jealous - I haven't seen decent snowfall since January 2013: that's nearly 5yrs ago.

Update to the quoted post:I've had LOTS of snow (8-10 inches,plus power cuts yesterday and today) but Yorkshire only got a dusting - look...

post-30384-0-21246800-1513007130_thumb.png

• RMweb Premium

Been watching the camera over the weekend and noticed a loco had been deposited in the sidings at the far end of the station. Decided to keep an eye on the camera today and caught the Deltic being taken away top and tailed this dinner time, any idea of what the locos were that dragged it away?

WNXX Website quotes 68003 & 66429.

Seems to be very patchy. we've had a couple of inches or more in Guisborough, apparently Redcar and Marske had more (or it caused more chaos) but there is nothing at all in Thirsk.

Really just a dusting at Grosmont, maybe 1/2 inch being generous

• 2 weeks later...

Been a couple of disappointed children this morning at the lack of steam engines, the timetable is two DMU returns and one steam return.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

No, there are 2 steam return trips and 2 dmu return trips, its equivalent to many low season timetables on other heritage railways and allows a reasonable service whilst allowing the railway to cover operating costs.

No, there are 2 steam return trips and 2 dmu return trips, its equivalent to many low season timetables on other heritage railways and allows a reasonable service whilst allowing the railway to cover operating costs.

It wasn't meant to sound like a moan, it perhaps does come across that way.

The platforms were not full so hardly justifying a full steam service with all that that entails,  I think at least one of the crying children were locals passing through (as they do all day).

Edited by woodenhead

• 3 weeks later...