Live webcam at Grosmont, NYMR.

Free At Last

That was my bit - and I think I must be the first person to post 14 pics in one hit on this thread - more than anyone else.

Because some of us were a little busy making that lot happen on Friday, 11 hours and only 45 minutes without anything moving in the station!

Things to watch out for in the next few weeks:

Today - a part finished J27 being towed in by a 25

Thursday - Tornado arriving between 9pm and 10pm

Thursday 1st March - B1 in LNER black and/or 76079 running in

Friday 2nd March - ditto plus empty 101 returning to Pickering, 08/25 shunting coaches, and ECS arriving from Pickering

Saturday 3rd onwards - Tornado in service

Hi Boris

Is this the reason for the Class 66 currently 'parked' in the station?

Yes, Tornado has an AWS or TPWS fault so has been dragged everywhere by a 66, must have been a good railtour yesterday.  The 66 dragged it in last night and leaves at about 16:45 this afternoon back to Tees.

Looks fairly passable to me,but I could be mistaken:

You are I'm afraid old chap, it took 5 blokes 2 hours to even get a through road at Goathland, and Levisham is worse.  There's also the matter of the ballastless track at Pickering which can't be tamped properly until the snow is out of the ballast - what they've managed to drop, the ballast is freezing into the wagons as soon as it goes in. 

You are I'm afraid old chap, it took 5 blokes 2 hours to even get a through road at Goathland, and Levisham is worse.  There's also the matter of the ballastless track at Pickering which can't be tamped properly until the snow is out of the ballast - what they've managed to drop, the ballast is freezing into the wagons as soon as it goes in. 

OLD!!!???You call me OLD?I'm only 16!

BTW things could be warming up later in the week - they already are down my way.

Edited by Tug002