Last orders for an etched chassis for the Hornby Peckett. P4 / EM

Etches received and just ordered the gearbox and hornblocks from High Level, already have a motor and wheels. Will start next week but no promises as to a finish date! I have already removed the standard couplings on the Peckett and fitted it with 3 link couplings.

David

Just a note to say that the first batch has sold out. Thank you for your support.

I am compiling a list for the second batch which will be a couple of months away before I order the etches, after that I hope to be able to settle down to some modelling.

Gordon A

• Gordon A changed the title to Last orders for an etched chassis for the Hornby Peckett. P4 / EM

Firstly my thanks to every one who bought a chassis kit from the first batch.

This far exceeded my expectations.

Now as the revised heading indicates I am giving notice that I will not be accepting any more orders for the 0-4-0 Peckett chassis kit after the 30th September 2019, as I wish to get back to other projects including some actual modelling.

Orders can be placed by e-mail to ga007d9065@blueyonder.co.uk , or by writing to me at 154 Newbridge Road, St Annes, Bristol. BS4 4DS.

Again thank you for your support.

Gordon A

This looks very promising. A couple of questions, will the centres react in the same way as Gibson’s as  far as accepting an axle and holding it and what size is the hole for the crank pin screw?

Cheers,

David

On 03/09/2019 at 18:27, Gordon A said:

Firstly my thanks to every one who bought a chassis kit from the first batch.

This far exceeded my expectations.

Now as the revised heading indicates I am giving notice that I will not be accepting any more orders for the 0-4-0 Peckett chassis kit after the 30th September 2019, as I wish to get back to other projects including some actual modelling.

Orders can be placed by e-mail to ga007d9065@blueyonder.co.uk , or by writing to me at 154 Newbridge Road, St Annes, Bristol. BS4 4DS.

Again thank you for your support.

Gordon A

Email sent Gordon

Cheers

James

On 03/09/2019 at 20:37, David Bigcheeseplant said:

I have been working on 3D printed wheel inserts to fit standard wagon wheel tyres, I have done a few test prints and these are looking good. The axle is for 1/8" which Gordons kit is designed for although I can adjust the axle to 2mm which I think will look better.

David

Peckett_assembly_2019-Aug-20_06-39-59AM-000_CustomizedView4022258364_jpg.jpg

Look good.  Guessing the rims secured by loctite or similar?

And how to order?

J

7 hours ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Yep the wheels will be a tight push fit on the axle. Crank pin hole is 1mm but I can make it any size requested.

David

1mm is IIRC the right size for Gibson crankpins so perfect for me. I’d be interested in eight. Which wagon wheel makes the best donor for the tyres?

Cheers,

David

• 1 month later...

I have made a start on Gordon’s excellent chassis kit. Closely following the instructions after bending up the firebox I soldered it up and then noticed the next instruction” Do not solder” that will teach me to not read ahead! Next job is to assemble the chassis.

David

72086037-64C5-4B24-9E9A-8183D81A3E7B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have ordered the etches and the additional parts. Just got to spend a day or so slicing up cardboard for the additional packing.

I spoke to Chris Gibbons of High Level Models who said that he would be doing a chassis kit for the 0-6-0 Hornby Peckett.

Gordon

Edited by Gordon A
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

Continued with the build. When laminating the slide bars I found using one of the hair clips ( also used in point making) useful for holding them together.I also remembered to measure the Gibson axles and found they were 3mm, which was fortunate as I was about to run a 1/8” reamer through the fixed bearings! Now need to buy a 3mm reamer, not just for this loco but for future builds.

David

6368D29F-DF65-47C2-B5FF-5BFB5124DAC9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Making progress with the build, but a question for Gordon. I have reached the point where I am about to fit the slidebars, but am confused as to when to fit the cylinder wrappers. Instruction  8 says fit the cylinder wrappers but All the pictures in the instructions following show the cylinder assembly with the slidebars fitted but without the  cylinder wrappers, so the question at what point do these wrappers go on?

Thanks

David

• 4 weeks later...