When you get a trophy like that, it makes all that effort worth it :good_mini:

I also think the operators helped to win the trophy, having a laugh with the public and answering any requests for hints, tips and ideas and most importantly, at an exhibition, KEEPING THE TRAINS MOVING!!!. 

There are too many layouts at shows with stern faced operators, that have no time for the punters, because they are too busy timing the twenty minute gap until the next train is due to arrive!  :dontknow:

Simon

• Like 1

I agree.It makes a huge difference to the "paying public", if the operators are approachable and are willing to share their knowledge. We all have to start somewhere !!!

I once remember meeting the late & great Andy Calvert (Nether Stowey and Moorcock junction). What a Gentleman !!!

He was helpful and shared his modelling skills with you, but most importantly he didn't "Talk down" to you because you were a Novice.You could also have a laugh with him as he didn't take himself too much seriously.

• Like 1

YOUTUBE VIDEO

Andy Peters filmed London Road's appearance at the Ilkeston Woodside MRC Show at Trowell in 2015.  If you haven't already watched it, here it is...

Thanks Andy :declare:

Simon

(edited to have a proper YouTube link!)

Edited by Psiborg
  • Like 4

Well deserved Trophy Simon, it was a real pleasure to watch, and Video and I MEAN A REAL PLEASURE, nothing rushed, good sound, correct movements, and good operators.

Well done at both Shows I've seen it at and enjoyed it, I didn't have a good camera at the Nottingham Show to film it again.

Edited by Andrew P

Well deserved Trophy Simon, it was a real pleasure to watch, and Video and I MEAN A REAL PLEASURE, nothing rushed, good sound, correct movements, and good operators.

Well done at both Shows I've seen it at and enjoyed it, I didn't have a good camera at the Nottingham Show to film it again.

Thanks Andy, that means a lot!

Simon

JUNE 2016

London Road appeared 'Under New Management' at the Great Central Railway Model Event on the 17th-19th June 2016.  It was a long show for some of the operators who were travelling up to one and a half hours each way, for the three days plus setting up on the Thursday evening!  I am pleased to say that the layout performed spot-on again for the three days - after an initial nightmare when the DCC system stopped working :banghead:  with ten minutes to go until the doors opened!  Fortunately it was all sorted by the time the public started appearing.

There were a few "human errors" though, which resulted in the offending operator having to wear the Dunces cap (a bright yellow hard-hat with a BR logo on the front).  Although, I think, on a few occasions Shaun did it on purpose because he liked wearing it!  :crazy:

Here are a few photos taken by Matt...

post-31973-0-47054900-1500389642_thumb.jpg

post-31973-0-94527100-1500389771_thumb.jpg

post-31973-0-60379100-1500389985_thumb.jpg

post-31973-0-70293100-1500390208_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking  :bye:

Simon

• Like 8

TESCO LORRY

The cab is a standard Oxford Diecast Volvo cab in Eddie Stobart livery.  For the trailer, I designed the art work on PC software and printed it off at a suitable size onto glossy photo paper.  This was then Super-glued onto one of Oxford's plain white fridge trailers

post-31973-0-67409900-1501516457_thumb.jpg

Simon

• Like 7

Great work pal i unload these things most nights mate so good to see on i model form and at that size would be easier to unload and reload top work. 

I used to, that's why I modelled one.  The layout I had started building, before I moved house causing the sale of London Road, had even more on it...

post-31973-0-04293400-1501704816_thumb.jpg

post-31973-0-78968200-1501704888_thumb.jpg

I planned to have a distribution centre hiding the fiddleyard access on it.

post-31973-0-94535300-1501704942_thumb.jpg

Simon

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

NEWS

Paul, the new owner of London Road, confirmed today that London Road will be attending the Doncaster Festival of British Railway Modelling 2019.  I will be there as part of the operating crew on both days

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Doncaster 2019

Sunday was just as good!  Hopefully we will get hold of some pictures, as it was the first time it has been exhibited after Paul's (the new owner) hard work painting the boards and getting the new curtain and signage made.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Psiborg
to add missing info

• 6 months later...
On 16/08/2019 at 12:18, danstercivicman said:

Wow, missed this somehow but like the concept a lot.

it would be a good idea for a Wolverhampton low level type idea..

Thank you.

The concept was all down to Simon's thorough and careful planning.

Regards,

Paul

• Like 1