Ready to plant buildings

NHY 581

This got me interested, as I had wanted to design a church. I started with the Hornby(Triang) church for size, then used the church I can see out of my window to add some changes. Angling the building for low relief is  not as easy as I thoght, as roof lines cut can look odd, but eventually came up with this.

church4.jpg

It is at 45deg, so only half the spire is required. I would like to add a few more small details(cross, weathervane?), but designing gargoyles is not that easy,and are not that common on late victoian/Edwardian churches. Certainly not on the one near me.

• 2 years later...

I found this thread while looking for something vaguely related to the topic.

I thought it worth mentioning that KMRC appear to have re-released so of the older RTP resin buildings, specifically the derelict  Cornish engine house and Boscarne ground frame.

I must admit I am a great fan of resin RTP structures, not so much for their potential use on a layout* but just cos I like them for what they are.....Kinda like some people collect pottery cottages ;) 

*Though the more generic or railway based ones are particularly good for that intended purpose.....