Virtual Railfan webcams

NickBrad

• RMweb Gold

Given that there is a minimum of 0 trains during the night, then there must be a finite limit (based on line capacity), so a number somewhere between these limits must be the Lagrange multiplier...

My struggle is finding a decent NS based webcam without subscription, (I have very limited funds as it is until I get back in work,) but the only options seems to be the likes of Horseshoe curve where you cannot easily identify loco numbers, let alone car numbers, which is something I am interested in. CSX gets lots of coverage in comparison.

My struggle is finding a decent NS based webcam without subscription, (I have very limited funds as it is until I get back in work,) but the only options seems to be the likes of Horseshoe curve where you cannot easily identify loco numbers, let alone car numbers, which is something I am interested in. CSX gets lots of coverage in comparison.

I quite like the Thomasville NC one which is free & pretty much 100% NS

https://www.tvillenc.com/train-camera-1/

just had a quick look & 3 or 4 manifest freights & a stack trains with all sorts of power including ex BNSF executive SD70MAC's & some UP run through

Edited by 40019

https://railstream.net/live-cameras

Railstream's free (but ad supported) ones are all on NS lines. Chesterton IN is nice and busy.

• Like 1

Those Geeps and the caboose at Fostoria appear to be the local transfer power for the yards around the Iron Triangle.

I believe it's a GP38-2 and a road slug rebuilt from a GP30.

Deshler also has a pair that run the local freights, usually seen going along the single track over the diamond and into town. I believe those two are a GP35 and a rebuilt GP30 road slug.

I've got photographs of them somewhere.