Virtual Railfan webcams

NickBrad

Interesting. Thanks for the link. 

The Horseshoe Curve one appears to be on the upper building at the park looking back (downhill) towards Altoona.

Edit. As soon as I posted this it moved to viewing the park and the GP9 at the heart of the curve.

Adrian

Edited by Adrian Wintle

Yeah, there can be long periods of waiting, might I suggest reading an issue of MRH online while you wait ;) 

I don't know what it's like on a Saturday, but the Ashland, VA feed seemed to be reasonably busy yesterday and thursday, when I first discovered the channel.

• RMweb Premium

Just to be greedy I have opened four windows and have La Plata, Thomasville and Ashland open with the fourth window being Rochelle from trains.com. With the sound up I know when a train is coming on any of them. Using my phone to read and type in RMweb.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1

Nice intermodal on the curve with what looked like a standard cab SD70 on point. A lot of spine cars with trailers which is something we don't see in Ontario. Almost all intermodal traffic is containers in well cars.

Adrian

Thomasville has gone dead since the MOW came through, I'm wanting an early night, but cannot leave with the thought that another train could be though at any time. I did get to see the Piedmont come through earlier with it's unique state funded cars and livery.

Captured this about 40 mins ago, (photobucket being especially unhelpful the last couple of days,) may rewind and freeze frame the video to get all the numbers and it was a pretty long lashup of locos

02.07.17%20stock%20move_zps49ng8uia.png

Edit: 4010, 9570, 2857(CN), 5093, 2666, 2561, 1089, 7688, 9357, 8049, 8135, 1027, 8021, 1113 in the consist

Edited by NickBrad

Captured this about 40 mins ago, (photobucket being especially unhelpful the last couple of days,) may rewind and freeze frame the video to get all the numbers and it was a pretty long lashup of locos

02.07.17%20stock%20move_zps49ng8uia.png

Edit: 4010, 9570, 2857(CN), 5093, 2666, 2561, 1089, 7688, 9357, 8049, 8135, 1027, 8021, 1113 in the consist

That's a pretty substantial relocation of motive power.

Adrian

You're not wrong Adrian.

Just had this come through with a load of 146 wagons in tow. Seems to be a regular thing through here to have 2 NS engines then a UP, always at the southern end of the trio.

02.07.17%20NS%20and%20UP%20mixed%2011.06

9495 leading, with 8411 and 7705 behind.

Also had the Piedmont pass by earlier, no PHI on this though, just 59 PHs,1984 and 1893

02.07.17%20Piedmont%20at%20Thomasville_z

• 6 months later...

So with it being the quiet season on the UK preserved scene I have been seeing what other webcams there are to offer and on Youtube I happened across Virtual Railfans live, it is absolutely brilliant.

I had it in my head that in America you went hours between trains - NOPE.

These railcams are also offer a 4 hour playback window so you can look back and see all the trains, on Friday i was watching horse shoe curve cam - it was a veritable Clapham Junction:

La Plata is also good: 

Edited by woodenhead