GRAHAM FARISH COAL/BALLAST LOADS

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

Bought a pack of coal loads to see how good they were; I'm impressed; in the pack of 4 each one seems different and they fit in the 16t minerals just right. They need some packing underneath to bring them to the top of the wagon if you want. You could add real coal but they're quite realistic as they are. Certainly beats planning to make your own and never getting round to it. Not really expensive at about £ 1.27 each. They're quite weighty too.  Presumably the ballast loads are the same mouldings but grey in colour; just right for the iron-ore tipplers with a coat of Woodland Scenics iron-ore ballast maybe. 

Bought a pack of coal loads to see how good they were; I'm impressed; in the pack of 4 each one seems different and they fit in the 16t minerals just right. They need some packing underneath to bring them to the top of the wagon if you want. You could add real coal but they're quite realistic as they are. Certainly beats planning to make your own and never getting round to it. Not really expensive at about £ 1.27 each. They're quite weighty too.  Presumably the ballast loads are the same mouldings but grey in colour; just right for the iron-ore tipplers with a coat of Woodland Scenics iron-ore ballast maybe. 

Good to hear. I've got a couple of packs of the coal loads on order.

• Like 1

I have used these coal loads.  As Crepello stated, they need packing under them.  When I load a wagon, I glue a battery box (taken from scrap MK1 underframes) in each corner, then glue the load into the wagon.

I have also used the packs of sheeted goods loads, these are HEAVY, and I have found that the increased weight causes wagons to become uncoupled (the drag pulls the couplings upwards).