Friday Bridge

Confession time Alex. The bodyshells both belong to Clive, the bloke with the tongue! We rigged an 0-6-0 chassis of unknown provenance under D2201 and a black beetle under D2212. If anybody asks, we tell them that both D2201 and D2202 are out of action and Wisbech have borrowed D2212 from Yarmouth depot to work the branch!

My version is still in the paint shop!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

After how well it ran this weekend I can say YES.

After seeing it run I can confidently say any issues were down to operator error. At least no buffer stops were harmed whilst I was watching!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/07/2017 at 16:17, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

(Or Fried Egg Bridge as one wag has already christened it!)

The latest addition to the layout roster is this little number, based on an imaginary branch off the Wisbech and Upwell 'main' line to Friday Bridge. The line was mooted but never built.....until now. More pictures to follow shortly

post-14427-0-93433500-1499008552_thumb.jpg

post-14427-0-23728000-1499008636_thumb.jpg

Just found this thread via Lockdown Fen. Very nice layout.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Bungus the Fogeyman said:

Chesterfield, as Steve rightly states, I use a sector plate which joins the the 2 loop lines together off scene

Hi Chesterfield

It does have its problems. With Dave's carpentry and me cleaning the track a swaying motion was started and the stock on the front siding started to move. The sector plate wasn't lined up with the siding.

Crash!!!!!  As the wagons bounced on the deck.

Whoops. Most of the stock was OK. The pipe wagon had lost its brake gear. I found some bits and feeling very guilty said to Dave I could find the rest. Dave then explained that it wasn't there to start with. :nomention:

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dave,

It was interesting to see the real-life Friday Bridge feature on an episode of the BBC 1 crime programme " The Moment of Truth" last week. No mention of your layout though !!

Hope you and your loved ones are keeping fit and healthy through this pandemic.

Regards.

Malcolm

On 11/01/2021 at 04:00, chesterfield said:

Bungus,

Do you know if anyone videoed any of your exhibition attendances? If so would you point the way please?

For Dave's layouts, there's very little difference between video and stills.....:laugh_mini:

15 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

For Dave's layouts, there's very little difference between video and stills.....:laugh_mini:

Harsh!

Mind you I have been guilty of distracting the operator on more than one occasion.

cheers

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

It doesn't take much!

Oi, Rangers

As Dave's senior operator I feel I must protest about your remark.

Now if you are meaning the man himself, when do you see him operating a layout?

Yours

Sorry name is Clive not Dave, but if I see Dave before the end of the show I will let him know you were asking about him.

• Funny 3

4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oi, Rangers

As Dave's senior operator I feel I must protest about your remark.

Now if you are meaning the man himself, when do you see him operating a layout?

Yours

Sorry name is Clive not Dave, but if I see Dave before the end of the show I will let him know you were asking about him.

It wasn't directed at you Clive, you are of course the only visible difference between a still and video of the boss' layouts. When left to the man himself, any one of them could be the standout winner of any game of statues!

• Funny 3

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, chesterfield said:

Is Friday Bridge alive and well? have not seen a post since January so how about some more photos especially the mysterious sector plate area

Hi

As Dave's senior operator I can assure you the sector plate is a total mystery in its construction and operation.

It consist of a thin bit of wood with a length of track on it. The sides of the bit of wood do have raised edges to prevent wagons falling off it when being traversed. One end is held in place by a screw which it pivots on and the other end rest on a bit wood. Alignment is by eye and luck.

• Like 3