LE Models E626

jjb1970

• RMweb Premium

http://www.lemodels.it/en/e626/

Behold its magnificence!!

I've been eagerly awaiting this model since it was announced and it is now in shops (in Italy at least). OK, it's probably not to everybody's taste, but I think these are really rather endearing and the model looks stunning. LE Models have been impressing me hugely, their product seems to be right at the top end in terms of quality and detail, and prices are competitive.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I find it a bit odd that Italian railways are not more popular in this country given the open minded attitudes of many British modellers to overseas modelling and popularity of German, Swiss and US outline. There are some real attractions to Italian outline, not least because the country itself is beautiful, populated by warm hearted and fun (if volatile) people with some of the best food anywhere in the world. The variation between the alps to the North and the almost North African scenery of Sicily is something to see, not to mention the ancient sites such as Pompeii.

In terms of trains, there are plenty of stylish and photogenic trains, and for modellers there is no shortage of top quality RTR. Companies such as ACME, Rivarossi, LE Models and ViTrains make models as good as the very best in the world and prices are competitive, not to mention a good selection of models from Roco, Piko etc. The older trains are a bit of an acquired taste, what with the Isabella livery and boxy styling but although it took me a while I now find there is something hugely attractive about the old time electrics of the FS. Rivarossi make a wonderful model of the E326 which is one of my favourite models, and the E428 was a splendid machine.

I wouldn't say Italian railways are the best in the world, but it is a very nice system to use and is well worth a trip. I'd recommend anybody to take a good look at Italian railways.

• Agree 1

I'll be heading to Italy once again for my annual holiday. I'm also a fan of the FS and try to take railway photos whenever possible.

This was the first FS loco I saw on my first visit back in the 80s.    Is it a E626? 

post-7898-0-38439900-1499246287.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I'll be heading to Italy once again for my annual holiday. I'm also a fan of the FS and try to take railway photos whenever possible.

This was the first FS loco I saw on my first visit back in the 80s. Is it a E626?

img140.jpg

Indeed it is. There are still a few seeing use these days. A couple work the twice monthly shuttle to the railway museum at Pietrarsa from Napoli. At Arezzo a pair were in frequent use on freight trains until recently as well. A few a used on railtours throughout the year too.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Splendid machines! Another model by LE which is well worth checking out is the ETR221/226/231 EMU they make which is wonderfully done and a lovely looking prototype.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello.

I know it has been 2 years since this topic was last used but does anyone have any updates regarding models released over this time.

I am considering a small layout with perhaps 2 or 3 small ish locos so any comments would be a help.

I very much agree with previous comments about the overall look of Italian stock and I think models from LE are right there with the best. Am thinking of a Gr851 Steam Loco. I would like to buy it from a store but which one??

James.

The LE Models Gr851 is nearly sold out, so if you want one you need to be very quick.  They appear to be available on ebay, but if you would prefer to purchase from a shop, you may wish to consider:

https://www.bonsaglionline.it/LEVEL_LE21277_LOCO_VAPORE851_191

They are not the cheapest shop in Italy, but in the past I have used them to purchase items that have sold out elsewhere in Italy.  A few years ago, postage was around 22 Euro to the UK, but may have increased.  Delivery to the UK was about 7 days.

The rumours in Italy suggest that LE Models is in receivership, so it is possible that no further models will be produced.  However, their website is currently stll active:

http://www.lemodels.it/

• RMweb Premium

Hello 73080.

Thanks for the info, it would be very disappointing if LE Models were to hit hard times as their range is looking very promising to the point of just ordering a class Gr851.

Are there many folk modelling the FS in the UK, I've tried to find blogs site for the FS without any joy, anyone know of any. there has been a good few on RM but are there more.

Thanks for now and happy model railwaying.

James.

On 05/07/2017 at 15:36, 5944 said:
On 05/07/2017 at 10:19, Alcanman said:

This was the first FS loco I saw on my first visit back in the 80s. Is it a E626?

img140.jpg

Indeed it is. There are still a few seeing use these days. A couple work the twice monthly shuttle to the railway museum at Pietrarsa from Napoli. At Arezzo a pair were in frequent use on freight trains until recently as well. A few a used on railtours throughout the year too.

The Arezzo pair would have been working the Stia branch, I believe. The Stia terminus would make a nice model in a limited space; it was a long time ago (15-20 years) when we visited, but it managed to have a loco shed and a (working) goods shed. Sadly, I've just looked at an aerial view on Google Maps and discovered the loco shed is in ruins, whilst the goods shed has been 'repurposed'. Perhaps not entirely surprising, given that the line has been closed several times due to flood damage since our visit.

Advanced issues found

9 hours ago, GW Jim said:

Are there many folk modelling the FS in the UK, I've tried to find blogs site for the FS without any joy, anyone know of any. there has been a good few on RM but are there more.

Thanks for now and happy model railwaying.

James.

Hello James,

Have a look here: http://www.italianrailways.co.uk/

Ciao!

John.

• RMweb Premium

John.

Many thanks for the link, I joined the society only this weekend.  Looking forward to receiving my copies of their Binari. I have also ordered copies of both the Tutto Treno and iTreni just to try and get a feel of the models and prototypes.

Cheers

James.