New Video from Miniatur Wunderland - it's getting bigger!

shortliner

We visited last October, have to say could have spent the whole day there, even the wife was lost for words and just wanted to stand watching the trains, planes and cars moving....Well worth a visit if in Hamburg...

Edited by Bruce Depot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Visited over 2hrs More than enough, I get more joy from smaller layouts TBH. Way too Much going on but still a Marvel to Watch. The airport is probably the best bit. The Second time I tried to Visit the waiting time was on Hours. It was a Day after visiting Intermodelbau,  I was not too dissapointed and neither were my feet!

Visited over 2hrs More than enough, I get more joy from smaller layouts TBH. Way too Much going on but still a Marvel to Watch. The airport is probably the best bit. The Second time I tried to Visit the waiting time was on Hours. It was a Day after visiting Intermodelbau,  I was not too dissapointed and neither were my feet!

Thanks for info, the point about a long queue to get in is very useful! Perhaps some times of year are better than others ie not school holidays, perhaps?  

Wasn't there supposed to be at least one UK 'clone' / copy  of this?

I seem to remember many posts on the subject some years ago. I always thought the British copy was  going to be very poor in comparison but interested to know if it ever came into being.

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA

Thanks for info, the point about a long queue to get in is very useful! Perhaps some times of year are better than others ie not school holidays, perhaps?

On their website there's a booking calendar that gives a rough idea of the waiting times for any given day. I will still go one day though!

Cheers ... Alan.

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't there supposed to be at least one UK 'clone' / copy  of this?

I seem to remember many posts on the subject some years ago. I always thought the British copy was  going to be very poor in comparison but interested to know if it ever came into being.

I remember reading something on here that they had a hideously ambitious schedule and nothing was really happening. Google Fu failing me now though.

I recall it was nothing to do with Miniatur Wonderland though.

Interesting to see their update schedule:

Venice (as part to the Italy section) 2017 (in construction)

Monaco (with Formula-One-Circuit) 2019 (planned)

England/Scotland 2021 (planned)

France 2023 (planned)

Ireland/Wales 2025 (planned)

Benelux 2026 (planned)

Intrigued by Ireland/Wales, isn't that a bit like having "France/Mexico"!?

Edited by njee20

On their website there's a booking calendar that gives a rough idea of the waiting times for any given day. I will still go one day though!

Cheers ... Alan.

Thanks, Alan. Just been looking at their site,  several random August dates give 120 mins waiting time! However, days in September dropped to 40 mins. There  is a pre booking e-ticket that does seem to let you walk straight in, though. 13 euros but evening gets a 10% discount.  Weekends end of Sept e-tickets gone, 90 min wait!

Weekdays October good, nearly all e-ticket availability but weekends not a good idea!

H'mm, this autumn could be a possibility then.

• Like 1