S&C freight workings

eastworld

Now that the S&C has reopened I was wondering what freight paths there now were. With the decline in coal traffic I would expect that to have reduced or disappeared but have the previous paths been restored and are there any new ones? I am aware of the Arcow workings.

Stu

• RMweb Premium

Nothing to Kirkby Thore any more (which wouldn't have been affected by the closure)?

Looking at it today there was something starting at Garsdale this morning, seems a bit odd.

dont forget the logs goes that way (when the driver on the day signs it)

I know they used to use the S&C but I thought that the logs normally went via the WCML now?

Stu

The train what came from garsdale was 6j11 a tamper. I had to use it to reset the axle counters at Horrocksford yesterday.

4m00 mossend to Horrocksford Clitheroe runs Monday,Wednesday,Friday.

There is most weekdays 6k05 DRS train what can have anything on it. And as Jim says logs when they get a driver.

There is a few more but I can't remember.

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Now that the S&C has reopened I was wondering what freight paths there now were. With the decline in coal traffic I would expect that to have reduced or disappeared but have the previous paths been restored and are there any new ones? I am aware of the Arcow workings.

Stu

Freight varies from day to day through Settle.

Usually one Arcow return working, sometimes two and on odd days, up to three.

Nothing to Kirkby Thore any more (which wouldn't have been affected by the closure)?

Gypsum from Hull Docks to Kirby Thore and return - usually runs for a few days and then not for a few days. Dependent on a ship docking in Hull.

Gypsum from power stations has not worked for a long  time now.

6K05 Carlisle-Crewe pretty much every day, followed by 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk logs, although that hasn't been running much this week.

Coal is a bit sparse - erratic and when it does run, it's often in the small hours of the day.

Not passenger, but not freight either. The NMT runs on a four week cycle. South one weekend and then north the next. Other test trains also run.

Not a service passenger, but regular steam hauled. Leander both ways last Tuesday and south today. And the Flying moneypit Scotsman both ways tomorrow.

Cheers,

Mick