Peckett Paradise

Just added this to the list of layouts I’ve built and it’s the eleventh so have decided to call this Marshall No.11,  “You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten...Where can you go from there? Where?” ;)

Wait till I get to the layout called, The answer to Life, the Universe & Everything :sungum:

• Funny 2

Work continues in line with the build it from bits budget :) Scraps of polystyrene and the denser blue foam used for landscaping. The loading dock and retaining wall scribed into blue foam with a pencil and painted with tester pots. 

963D7327-249E-4499-8204-56FDFB8CD5C4.jpeg.a7755a63fd6e2cb1daaa8660650c8dbe.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Loving the layout so far! It's great to see another micro layout utilising the Hornby Peckett! Do you have the W4 variant? I'm struggling to get it running smoothly on DCC, regardless of how clean the track is.

Just now, LDM34046 said:

Loving the layout so far! It's great to see another micro layout utilising the Hornby Peckett! Do you have the W4 variant? I'm struggling to get it running smoothly on DCC, regardless of how clean the track is.

Yes I have a couple of them and they run well on dcc. I use electrofrog points and I also make sure to clean the inside head of the rails by running the rubber along at about a 45° angle as on sharp industrial radii they can be rising very slightly on the corners as the flange grips and climbs. 

49BBA628-7926-4F1F-A8F5-DBA104A3CD72.jpeg.4f5b8282248495d8b7f6a45805458e5b.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
4 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

Yes I have a couple of them and they run well on dcc. I use electrofrog points and I also make sure to clean the inside head of the rails by running the rubber along at about a 45° angle as on sharp industrial radii they can be rising very slightly on the corners as the flange grips and climbs. 

49BBA628-7926-4F1F-A8F5-DBA104A3CD72.jpeg.4f5b8282248495d8b7f6a45805458e5b.jpeg

Thanks Paul! Yeah mine are electro frog as well. I’ll give the inside of the rail a clean as I only clean the top. Everyone I’ve asked as told me stay-alives are the only way forward but I’m determined to get it running well on DCC on it’s own accord. 

Cracking photo by the way!

• Thanks 1

I was running the little Hornby Ruston on this during testing and that hiccuped a couple of times but it did show where there was paint on the rails still and was fine once it was cleaned. It’s become my test machine, if that runs then it’s clean! ;) 

3 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

I was running the little Hornby Ruston on this during testing and that hiccuped a couple of times but it did show where there was paint on the rails still and was fine once it was cleaned. It’s become my test machine, if that runs then it’s clean! ;) 

Do you run the Ruston with or without the match truck ?  I find on DC and no truck it still runs very well.

Stu

15 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Do you run the Ruston with or without the match truck ?  I find on DC and no truck it still runs very well.

Stu

Yes without it here too, haven’t digitised it yet. 

16 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Stu

Never have any problems with my 2 Rustons and both run without match trucks.

• Like 1