Hornby P9000 compatibilty

Hi all,

does anyone know if the Hornby P9000 or P9200 transformer is compatible with the old R965 controller please? I've seen reports say both that it does, and that it doesn't, so not sure which one is correct. It looks like it has the same size jack head though?

If it doesn't, does anyone know of anywhere that still sells the old C990 or C912 transformer? Struggling to find any for sale anywhere apart from Ebay or Amazon.

As a side question, would a 19V example be too powerful for things running off an R965?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe  time   to  invest  in  a  new  power  unit  take  a  look  at  Morley  controllers ( southport)  top  quality twin  track  controllers,  which  come  with additional hand  held  plug in  units  at  very  reasonable  prices  and  they  provide  excellent  00 control

www.morleycontrollers.com

Edited by Stevelewis

I have an unused C912, not sure I can say 'new' as it's probably 10 years old, but still in poly packing...PM sent !

Should say these are no longer made by Hornby - my example came with a still boxed and unused train set.

Edited by steviesparx

Maybe  time   to  invest  in  a  new  power  unit  take  a  look  at  Morley  controllers ( southport)  top  quality twin  track  controllers,  which  come  with additional hand  held  plug in  units  at  very  reasonable  prices  and  they  provide  excellent  00 control

www.morleycontrollers.com

Another vote for Morley, their hand held add ons are excellent.