Kernow announce Class 66709 Sorrento in MSC Livery

sc2016

Just noticed on Kernow's Facebook and Twitter Pages that they have announced they are releasing a Limited Edition Bachmann Class 66 in MSC Livery named Sorrento.

Been to their website and it's product code is 32-727W for the DCC Ready Version with DCC Fitted and DCC Sound versions also.

It sounds like they expect the models to arrive in August.

I vowed after getting the last three limited edition GB Railfreight Class 66s and pre-ordering Evening Star to be my last GBRf 66 that I do not ever need anymore. Luckily for me the small print said "Unless Sorrento is released". 

Fantastic effort from KMRC, do we know whether the cab tooling shall be adjusted to the two glazings rather than the three shown in the image? 

• RMweb Premium

I vowed after getting the last three limited edition GB Railfreight Class 66s and pre-ordering Evening Star to be my last GBRf 66 that I do not ever need anymore. Luckily for me the small print said "Unless Sorrento is released". 

Currently reviewing my own small print. Since this pic was taken in January, my Shed fleet has grown to 18, with 711 Sence picked up yesterday and Evening Star & Maritime One on pre-order.

I already have a repainted version of Sorento, but the new Kernow one has the slightly revised livery ....

post-22167-0-59098600-1500054797_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scottish-Exile
  • Like 3

I pre-ordered mine thinking it was a pre order but postman delivered it the other day, but it says on the website when I checked back that they are not in stock yet? Either way its a superb model with the ship printing along the sides. It also comes with etched nameplates too.

post-6787-0-10071900-1500140634_thumb.jpg

I have yet to detail it with its accessories pack.

Cheers, George.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Just noticed on Kernow's Facebook and Twitter Pages that they have announced they are releasing a Limited Edition Bachmann Class 66 in MSC Livery named Sorrento.

Been to their website and it's product code is 32-727W for the DCC Ready Version with DCC Fitted and DCC Sound versions also.

Thank you very much for posting this. I really appreciate it.

This is another one of those models where even though I didn't intend to buy it before it was announced and released it just seems like a must have.

I can't afford it at the moment but I am hoping that their will be some left soon.

The livery, graphics and printing looks amazing. I just think that I need to buy this model soon before they sell out otherwise I will be left paying higher prices or buying a respray.

Hopefully I will have the money soon to support Kernow with their Limited Editions. There looking amazing. Well done Kernow!

Thank you very much for posting this. I really appreciate it.

This is another one of those models where even though I didn't intend to buy it before it was announced and released it just seems like a must have.

I can't afford it at the moment but I am hoping that their will be some left soon.

The livery, graphics and printing looks amazing. I just think that I need to buy this model soon before they sell out otherwise I will be left paying higher prices or buying a respray.

Hopefully I will have the money soon to support Kernow with their Limited Editions. There looking amazing. Well done Kernow!

Yeah I'm the same and do have to buy this shed since I have the London Underground & Rail Express versions, must admit didn't see this coming until this week and well done to Kernow/Bachmann for producing an outstanding model and yes the livery looks pretty good.

• RMweb Premium

Yeah I'm the same and do have to buy this shed since I have the London Underground & Rail Express versions, must admit didn't see this coming until this week and well done to Kernow/Bachmann for producing an outstanding model and yes the livery looks pretty good.

I'm in exactly the same position. I keep telling myself that I don't need GBRF locos. But with these well captured fantastic liveries that keep appearing they are too good to say no.

Completely agree. Well done to Kernow and Bachmann.

With the exception of the odd DRS or DB repaint, GB are the only company who actually add the operators (customer) livery to their locos..

And they've done a few !!!

My wallet has taken a pounding this last twelve months.

Presume Kernow only had part shipment of the delivery as mine is still showing on order.. 

Anybody else had theirs apart from Georgie ???

Edited by martin_l_jones

• RMweb Premium

With the exception of the odd DRS or DB repaint, GB are the only company who actually add the operators (customer) livery to their locos..

And they've done a few !!!

My wallet has taken a pounding this last twelve months.

Presume Kernow only had part shipment of the delivery as mine is still showing on order.. 

I have noticed today when checking the Kernow website that 66709 is now saying due for delivery in August. Whereas yesterday and the previous days it was saying July/August.

• RMweb Premium

Still waiting for mine, along with the Class 350 I ordered at the same time, which was meant to be due in a week past Tuesday.

I got 66711 Sence from Trident Trains the other week, part of the 2017 general releases and see that the new EWS/DB versions are also in the shops, so I'm wondering if Bachmann have produced a complete run of their 2017 Class 66 liveries.

I have Maritime One on order from Rails along with Evening Star from the NRM so not sure if they're both imminently due as well. Kind of hoping they're not, as my piggy bank is running on empty right now.

Edited by Scottish-Exile

I have Maritime One on order from Rails along with Evening Star from the NRM so not sure if they're both imminently due as well. Kind of hoping they're not, as my piggy bank is running on empty right now.

Same here in terms of 66727, is the locomotion 66779 a standard release or a special pack ?

Also just purchased 66065 in rebranded DB looks good for a weathered version.

450's soon as well !!

• RMweb Premium

is the locomotion 66779 a standard release or a special pack ?

The NRM (Locomotion Models) are doing a boxed set along with the 9F Evening Star. The 66 will also be available seperately from them, and I understand is different from the planned standard Bachmann release. A high gloss finish perhaps?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/119099-class-66-evening-star/

• RMweb Premium

Sandra confirmed back in January that both 66779 & 92220 will have a gloss finish, plus a few other special touches that Bachmann's standard releases won't have. No word on whether it is both 66779 & 92220, or just 66779 these extra touches will apply to.

Very nice looking model and what a fine selection of traction you have. It's one I would like to get but will need to wait a couple of months after the 156's, Colas 60 and DB 66 are paid for. It's an expensive time for modelling the current scene with so many new models out or coming out. We are being a bit spoilt for choice.

Cheers

Mark

Received mine yesterday - what a lovely model. Quick grab shot of it along with my 66711 'Sence' purchased from Widnes Model Centre a few weeks back.

Kernow seem to be leading the way in terms of special commissions with some really good choices of loco and rolling stock. From the outside it looks like they have a solid relationship with Bachmann which can only be a good thing for all of us!

Many thanks Kernow.

post-1962-0-00842400-1501925399_thumb.jpg

Edited by chris37422
  • Like 2