• RMweb Gold

Sadly the football pitch item has glaring errors - to an ex footy player it just looks wrong.  I am sure bent pipe goal posts will still exist on parks kick-about pitches but would not be allowed in any league. That ground has a stand so would be more than a kick about area. Unless my memory of my playing days is totally shot round bar posts with 90 degree mitred corners are now mandatory as are goal nets; that applying from the most junior league upwards. I recall watching Scottish football when Celtic were doing well in Europe (That dates me) and even then their square posts looked odd and dated. 

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

I thought that there should definitely have been goal nets.

Considering the tiny stand this was clearly a non league ground and the "fans" were far too active. They should have mainly been middle aged curmudgeons holding cups of bovril. (I am the demographic!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally picked up my copy today. Yes, I could have waited a few days for the next edition but Barmouth Junction is a stunning layout not to be missed.

However, I couldn't help but notice a few pesky typos, like putting 'go' when it should say 'got' and labelling 'Corwenna' as O Gauge. I'm guessing this was more likely to happen in transit, but I was rather surprised to find that somehow the Tail Lamp page had been ripped, and in a near dead straight line!

Anyway, moan over, it's a very good read. Phil's article on making the water will certainly come in handy.