Twickenham MRC promotes N gauge at its July 22nd Open Day

TEAMYAKIMA

Twickenham & Distric MRC are planning to build a new N gauge layout and so this year's TDMRC Open Day on July 22nd (10am -4pm) will put the spotlight on N gauge modelling.

There will be six working layouts in all with no less than three being in N gauge. Twickenham MRC have had several very high quality N gauge layouts in the past (and present!) and the three current projects on display on July 22nd are .....

BATTY MOOR - the club's current exhibition flagship which has appeared in Railway Modeller and exhibitions across the country - now nearing retirement

MILTON - the latest TDMRC N gauge project - a modular layout owned by individual members - it is actually two layouts in one as it has long scenic sections both sides with fiddle yard loops at both ends.

SIEGE STREET - TDMRC's unique N gauge tramway layout. This model is supported by a small but dedicated sub-group - urban modelling at its best!

There will also be two OO layouts (one steam era, one based on the current scene) and the club's ambitious O gauge project - ADDISON ROAD

Plus demos, plus refreshments, plus a s/h stand!

Not bad for a FREE open day - but donations welcome!

• Like 1

In my last post I mentioned MILTON, so I thought I would tell you more about it.

With BATTY MOOR a great success on the exhibition circuit, but needing a long term replacement, it was decided that we needed to start a 'skills transfer' layout so that new members could learn the skills needed to build its replacement. MILTON was the result.

Here is a photo ..... more later!

post-4476-0-41368300-1500057825_thumb.jpg