21 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

Hello Nick.

What 'type' are the two flat barrier wagons please.

I'd like to have a go at them.

Dave.

Dave, I have several barrier wagons based on the prototypes. One is a continental ferry van with the body removed, one an OCA with body removed and a SAA steel wagon. I am sure Merfyn will be along in a bit to post photos of the prototypes.

IMG_1532.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This layout looks absolutely stunning I would love to see it in the flesh one as I've just spent a week in Trawsfynydd with family staying in the old bank in the village.

I was tempted to do a similar model of Maentwrog Road but it would never be upto this level so I'll have to stick to being a follower.

Cheers 

Colin

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CovDriver said:

This layout looks absolutely stunning I would love to see it in the flesh one as I've just spent a week in Trawsfynydd with family staying in the old bank in the village.

I was tempted to do a similar model of Maentwrog Road but it would never be upto this level so I'll have to stick to being a follower.

Thanks Colin, it will be out on the exhibition circuit proper in 2021 when the extension is finished starting at the Stafford exhibition.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CazRail said:

Can't wait to see this develop now, worked a fair bit on the Traws line in the past year or so, and will be up there again soon.

Hi Caz, if your at Traws on the line grab me some photos of the buffer stops and what's left of the old Trawsfynydd Halt and any signage and whats left of the ground frame and point rodding if you can please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick G said:

Hi Caz, if your at Traws on the line grab me some photos of the buffer stops and what's left of the old Trawsfynydd Halt and any signage and whats left of the ground frame and point rodding if you can please.

I will do, when I was down there September time we were actually at the points as theres a sheepcreep there. Couldn't see much for vegetation, but this time of year it might be a bit clearer.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CazRail said:

I will do, when I was down there September time we were actually at the points as theres a sheepcreep there. Couldn't see much for vegetation, but this time of year it might be a bit clearer.

I need to get up there in the next few weeks with my mate John and his camera. We need a load of shots to make the backscene.

18 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I need to get up there in the next few weeks with my mate John and his camera. We need a load of shots to make the backscene.

Good luck. I had a look on Google Earth today, couldn't see the track. And passing on the 470 you struggle to see where the yard entrances were. 

Take a macheti and Sherpa with a week's rations. :D

• Funny 1