As I am building the Trawsfynydd section now I need a backscene. As with Maentwrog Road we are making a custom backscene using photos from the real location. John accompanied me today with his camera to get some shots.

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

• Like 16

A couple of crude phone pictures of progress on the Trawsfynydd nuclear flask transfer point. Trawsfynydd nuclear power station in the background. Just starting to blend the backscene in. (My phone seems to have made the static grass much greener than it actually is!)

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 14

On 27/01/2020 at 20:14, stivesnick said:

Hi Nick 

If the backscene is displayed as mid-winter, are you going to create your trees to match? 

The problem is the Maentwrog Road back scene was photographed in Autumn. Couldn't do this one last Autumn and can't wait until next Autumn due to deadlines. I need to disguise the fact it is winter which I can do I think as the real location was very enclosed by trees and undergrowth. Trees and grass will be toned down by the time I have finished...

IMG_5320.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CovDriver said:

That is really looking good,

http://www.2d53.co.uk/blaenauffestiniog/menu.htm

Not sure if your aware of this site I follow it for the inspiration as it has some fantastic pictures of Maentrwog Road and Trawsfynydd.

Thanks Colin, yes I am very familiar with the 2D53 site. I have some other great links to the North Wales lines which I will post later when on my laptop.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mudmagnet said:

Good to catch up today Nick.

Layout looking really good. Have fun making more trees!

Thanks Richard, good to see you too. Hope you had a decent journey back. Doing some ballasting today, giving the trees a rest!

• Like 1