I'm enjoying his thread very much, coupled to the fact that I have to drive alongside the trackbed a bit further south (en route to Trawsfynydd) and consequently see the dying embers of this line. Sad!

Thanks, glad you like it. I also drive the route as you can see from my occasional photos of the real place.

Layout is looking good Nick,  The backscene really gives some nice depth, class 47 and white roofed van look the part too.

Thanks Peter, still very much work in progress but it's getting there.

• 1 month later...

have you ever considered fitting sound so you can listen to your locos ticking over while the gunpowder is loaded. It's pretty much what we photographers did at the real location.

All my locos are sound fitted. I was an early adopter of sound having my first sound loco back in 2003 when the only UK diesel sound was a class 37 from SWD. I now exclusively use LegomanBiffo sound which in my opinion are the best.

• Like 1

You were one of the early entrants then. I only converted to DCC three years ago and wouldn't go back. It is a shame the gunpowder traffic ceased before I bought a video camcorder in 1989. The Legomanbiffo sound for diesels does seem to be the tops.

• Like 1

Any clues as to where please? I'm looking to create something similar.

I just took the file in on a USB stick, for some reason it won't let me post the link. This is the website:  www.gwasg.com

Or search on google for:  gwasg helygain

Any clues as to where please? I'm looking to create something similar.

Don't forget its all about the quality of the photos/file you provide for printing. I was lucky in having a good friend who is a great photographer, thanks John.

• Like 1

A 25 ticking over, birdsong and the occasional passing car. ...........................And dogs barking. That'll be the photographer who took his dogs everywhere and fukc'd up many a video...   

Not you by any chance?