Having trawled through this excellent thread I'm very impressed, it's up there with Mr Nevard's Catcott as far as I'm concerned. Regarding your request for piccies of cl 31's I found plenty of 31305 using the Flickr search box as I've done this loco myself . It seemed to crop up regularly at Man Vic. Off topic but, does anyone remember the driver at the Junction who came up from Orpington and was into Humber cars? Here is 305 at Bescot not far from withdrawl and couple of years early at Victoria.

post-13564-0-72128800-1529525862.jpg

post-13564-0-38927100-1529526002_thumb.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 2

Off topic but, does anyone remember the driver at the Junction who came up from Orpington and was into Humber cars? 

Allan Barnes by any chance ?

Thats the chap, our paths crossed at Orpington as drivers, then I bumped into him again after I'd been at Manchester Victoria for a few years.
  • Like 1

Thats the chap, our paths crossed at Orpington as drivers, then I bumped into him again after I'd been at Manchester Victoria for a few years.

If its who I think it is, he's a big chap. His parents lived just around the corner from here.

• Like 2

Back on topic, what Hazchem labels did the vans carry? Several Paul Bartlett images show remnants of diamond labels, may not be relevant to traffic to Maentwrog Rd. Does anyone do suitable decals?

Back on topic, what Hazchem labels did the vans carry? Several Paul Bartlett images show remnants of diamond labels, may not be relevant to traffic to Maentwrog Rd. Does anyone do suitable decals?

The vans that worked the Maentwrog trip didn't have any. Couple of pictures of the vans at Llandudno Inc courtesy of Merfyn.

Modelmasters used to do 4mm hazchem transfers.

post-7968-0-47019700-1529594470_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-90879400-1529594480_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

47290 in Railfreight Livery almost ready for service, this loco actually worked the explosives train to Maentwrog Road the only photograph I have seen of a Railfreight 47 down there is of 290.

post-7968-0-26506300-1531510541_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-26478000-1531510551_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great Nick. Did the ferry van take a lot of work to lower the ride height?

Martyn.

Thanks Martyn I have 2 ferry vans. If I remember rightly a bit of filing where the bogie sits against the underside of the wagon but the secret is smaller wheels!

Thanks Martyn I have 2 ferry vans. If I remember rightly a bit of filing where the bogie sits against the underside of the wagon but the secret is smaller wheels!

It looks much better for it then as it matches the other vans height, istr mine years ago being taller than any of my coaches! Nice patch paint job on half of the door too!