MRJ 256

Re6/6

Really? You could argue that having a radio controlled crane on your layout is the ultimate gadget! And Giles' real Modelling gadgetry is very much at home in MRJ.

Andrew

No it is a working accessory and it involved modeling, almost bordering on the Model Engineering. However returning to the editorial I generally agree with most of it as a DCC user but they were Jerry's own opinions and a lot of layouts that appear in the MRJ use DC. DCC works for me and my layout, I don't think it will be superseded for a long while as it was developed for the American market and has been taken up in a big way over there. It suits their type of layout and the way they operate them. 

And what is the point of that comment? Are you implying I am not a real modeller then? If so I take exception to your remarks. Comments like that make me wonder why I bother with RMWeb at times, but as others have said, don't let them win by giving up on the forum. If your comments were meant as a joke, then it was very poor IMHO.

I was following up on a comment made about the editorial concerning DCC. The reference to RM, which incidentally I very rarely buy, was to highlight MERG's CBUS as yet another standard for an electronic system for model railways.

The point is that when the MRJ first published it was stated that the magazine was directed towards those modelers who want to build to a better and higher standard. As to your second point, if the 'cap fits etc'. Judging from your final remarks on your Kelly Bray Topic you seem to be a bit touchy these days and maybe a rest from the RMWeb might be good. Concentrate on your 16mm and no my comments were not meant as a joke.

As a point of interest I have seen the MERG CBUS in use and was not impressed with it, a bit over the top.

• RMweb Gold

The point is that when the MRJ first published it was stated that the magazine was directed towards those modelers who want to build to a better and higher standard. As to your second point, if the 'cap fits etc'. Judging from your final remarks on your Kelly Bray Topic you seem to be a bit touchy these days and maybe a rest from the RMWeb might be good. Concentrate on your 16mm and no my comments were not meant as a joke.

There have been some ignorant remarks on RMWeb, just like other forums, I suppose, but this one just takes the biscuit for rudeness and plain 'being out of order'.

I would cease from commenting on things you don't understand, Loconuts.

• RMweb Gold

whilst I go back and look through the Kelly Bray thread again and enjoy the modelling on display

And very fine modelling it is, too. More than worthy of gracing the pages of MRJ or any other magazine, for that matter.

There have been some ignorant remarks on RMWeb, just like other forums, I suppose, but this one just takes the biscuit for rudeness and plain 'being out of order'.

I would cease from commenting on things you don't understand, Loconuts.

You want to check out who you are talking to first.

You are just making matters worse now by being remarkably unpleasant. I expect to see an apology here within 24 hours or access will be removed.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Same goes for you! Just why you have to be so rude is quite beyond me. This is a forum for readers to enjoy. Upsetting others is out of order.

• RMweb Gold

Unbelievable.

However, I could say the same to you, sunshine. The point here is that you were being rude to someone that you just don't know anything about and who (I'd put money on) that you've never met in person.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 2

Looks like you don't appreciate the fact that it's not important who you are but what you are. (Edit: Apologies, I've just seen that exact point has been made in a previous post but I'll leave it here to emphasise the point.)

I guess in the real world you're quite a nice bloke (Again apologies, if you are female and "biological differences" have currently made you a little moody.) but here in interwebby world you've made it plainly obvious that you are a right pain in the ar$e.

P

P.s I'm with Blackrat. I much preferred the MRJ threads with the asinine & inane comment interspersed with the deep and meaningful comments on good railway modelling/engineering.

See what happens when you remove the asinine & inane facility!

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

No appology being offered Andy

My name is John Coates currently appearing in the Great Western Echo and published several times in the MRJ. So I do not know what I am talking about Capt?

What a thoroughly unsavory sausage.

P

Regardless of whether you've been published in MRJ in the distant past or not, there's no excuse for rudeness to someone you've never met (which was the Captain's point, not the reply that was given). Good riddance!

Now, any sightings of MRJ 257 yet...?!!

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 2

Never mind 257. I'm off to Smiffs to try and find a copy of that well known journal, "Great Western Echo". I need to be enlightened and shown the light.

P

With apologies to those at Didcot. I'm sure the mag is a very good read.

(Hmmmm I seem to be making a lot of apologies of late.  :scratch_one-s_head_mini: Maybe a lesson for some.)

• RMweb Gold

I'm afraid you, therefore, leave me with no alternative but to permanently remove your access to RMweb.

Thanks Andy, looks like that's that, then.

I'm sure that many (but not all) of this kind of 'internet forum argument' wouldn't happen in real life, because body language, eye contact and facial expressions would make the meaning of verbal remarks clearer and/or one of the parties might be diplomatic enough the steer the conversation away from anything disagreeable.

Having said that, Mr Coates was still thoroughly out of order and I feel sorry for him, if he is not able or willing to see that.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

No appology being offered Andy

My name is John Coates currently appearing in the Great Western Echo and published several times in the MRJ. So I do not know what I am talking about Capt?

This pompous waste of space still doesn't get it. Unfortunately there is a minority in 'railway modelling circles' that stereotypes our hobby in a negative manner.

This was the person that admonished me for posting some of my own snaps of Pendon. Sadly the world is inhabited by a few "don't you know who l am?" individuals. Hum ho.... lets return to normal now!