Dibles Wharf and Bulls Run, Southampton Docks

GWR88

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at making a small n gauge layout based on Southampton Docks loosely. I live in Southampton and the scale of the old docks railways has always amazed me and I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of them in operation especially of Bulls Run and DIbles Wharf to see how they looked around the lates 50s/mid 60s? After looking through Ian Drummonds book the pictures aren't quite enough to show the layout of what the Wharf looked like and how the coal was stored there or loaded onto the ships. As I said, any pictures, memories or even well placed guessses would be very beneficial.

Many thanks,

Lloyd

• RMweb Premium

Previously covered here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/40977-corralls-coal-depot-in-stmarys-southampton/ by a former member, with references and links you should find useful. I'm also in Soton and used to have access to the appropriate RAF/Ordnance Survey aerials but have since retired.

Edit: I also had access to digitised historic OS maps and produced three for Tim Hale. I still have them and will send by PM as they are copyright.

Pete

Edited by petethemole