Trains printed in color (1:160)

Huh, that's quite a clever method to make windows in N scale! I've been doing a glazing sheet which fits on the inside of the body shell using transparent detail...and it's very expensive! This looks like a good method. Do you guys think it'll work in HO scale?

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think it will work on H0, the windows are probably too big.

Making it hard to create a film layer, tho there is only one way to find out of course :D

Kristal Clear works just fine in HO, though there is a maximum size.  I have a passenger car body coming that i am considering at least trying a larger window glazing with using this rather than clear styrene behind to get a more flush looking glazing, though the car also has tinted windows, so i may wind up back with clear plastic just since it will be easier to paint with Tamiya Smoke.

Some pictures of HO Scale Kristal Clear Windows on FUD Speeder Cars:

32967795751_86ebbc6a72_b.jpgWoodings CBI Speeder by Stephen Gardiner, on Flickr

14859545596_f2b9341ac0_b.jpg3D Printed HO Speeder Car by Stephen Gardiner, on Flickr

-Stephen

• Like 1

I have a way to do bigger windows. Possibly not quite clear, but by fixing a thin transparent piece(ex packaging), on back of window(ie inside), glued in place using Glue n Glaze(basically same as Krystall Clear), then filling up outside with it, and leaving to dry. For small windws you still do it the normal way, and it is not easy to spot the difference.