Atlas 0-scale GP7

Willy

Atlas GP7 2-rail factory fitted with Quantum Sound.

I bought this loco with the intension of modifying and repainting it as a Reading unit but, for now, I haven’t got the nerve to start hacking it around! 

:unsure:

• Like 6

Sound`s and run`s nice willy.

At least you have the correct model Geep to start with.

I`m going to do the same at some point, but i`ve got a GP9 (un-powered) to play with so it`s going to be a bit of a project!.

Which livery are you going to re-paint you GP7 in?

I thought about modeling #614 the only solid green GP7,but as i have the only solid green GP35 (#3640) sat here,it might be a bit over kill!.

Cheers,

Brian.

That reminds me of one of our esteemed Members here, who took a perfectly good, innocent HO scale Geep in the rather wonderful Soo Line livery, & vandalised repainted it into this 'silver wasp stripes' livery.

Despite doing a pretty good job of that repaint, I can't help but think that said Member should be forced to buy this Geep from you, & repaint it into Soo Line Red & White, as punishment... :rolleyes: :jester:

... besides, all US-outline enthusiasts should try O Scale anyway. :yes: ;)

Sound`s and run`s nice willy.

At least you have the correct model Geep to start with.

I`m going to do the same at some point, but i`ve got a GP9 (un-powered) to play with so it`s going to be a bit of a project!.

Which livery are you going to re-paint you GP7 in?

I thought about modeling #614 the only solid green GP7,but as i have the only solid green GP35 (#3640) sat here,it might be a bit over kill!.

Cheers,

Brian.

Thank you Brian

The solid ‘light’ green GP7 was an option but I had decided, if I had gone ahead, I would have painted it in the two tone Green/Cream livery as #619. I once did an HO GP7 (#609) in the old ‘dark’ green livery but I sold it many years ago when I joined the RCT&HS and decided to go 0-scale. I also did the unique solid green GP35 #3640 in HO but it went the way of all the others and the only photo I can find now is this SD45 in the “Bee Line” livery.

post-7068-0-21133400-1500793351_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

That reminds me of one of our esteemed Members here, who took a perfectly good, innocent HO scale Geep in the rather wonderful Soo Line livery, & vandalised repainted it into this 'silver wasp stripes' livery.

Despite doing a pretty good job of that repaint, I can't help but think that said Member should be forced to buy this Geep from you, & repaint it into Soo Line Red & White, as punishment... :rolleyes: :jester:

... besides, all US-outline enthusiasts should try O Scale anyway. :yes: ;)

The man is a vandal and should hang his head in shame! Besides, it would be a good introduction to 0-Scale for him!! 

Bill,

your GP-7 looks beautiful! Do you really will change the paint?

Thank you Jack.

No, I am not going to repaint it now mainly because I have too many other things to do, but also because it is just too nice to tamper with. As you know, a house move is on the cards and that has kept me very busy this past couple of months, so I have done very little in the railway room.

• Like 1

Thank you Brian

The solid ‘light’ green GP7 was an option but I had decided, if I had gone ahead, I would have painted it in the two tone Green/Cream livery as #619. I once did an HO GP7 (#609) in the old ‘dark’ green livery but I sold it many years ago when I joined the RCT&HS and decided to go 0-scale. I also did the unique solid green GP35 #3640 in HO but it went the way of all the others and the only photo I can find now is this SD45 in the “Bee Line” livery.

attachicon.gifEMD SD45 #7600.jpeg

Always liked the six axle RDG locos in the green & yellow livery,especially the big Alco C630`s,but i did often wonder what one would have looked like in the soild green scheme as well..... :scratchhead:

I too started with the Reading when i first went to US O,Mainly because Atlas had just brought out the C425`s & GP35`s.(how i wish i still had them!)

Managed to pick up quite a few loco`s at the time,but sold them on after a few years......other roads bekoned!.

And like yourself i only one photo from then.......

post-19751-0-82958300-1500819656.jpg

Looking at it now,i realise how ropey the weathering job was!.

Cheers,

Brian.

PS you know you want to re-paint the GP7.........

• Like 1

Thank you Jack.

No, I am not going to repaint it now mainly because I have too many other things to do, but also because it is just too nice to tamper with. As you know, a house move is on the cards and that has kept me very busy this past couple of months, so I have done very little in the railway room.

If I hadn't my Caboose Hobbies with a P&D drive, I would have bought yours. But it's too late for me.

Always liked the six axle RDG locos in the green & yellow livery,especially the big Alco C630`s,but i did often wonder what one would have looked like in the soild green scheme as well..... :scratchhead:

I too started with the Reading when i first went to US O,Mainly because Atlas had just brought out the C425`s & GP35`s.(how i wish i still had them!)

Managed to pick up quite a few loco`s at the time,but sold them on after a few years......other roads bekoned!.

And like yourself i only one photo from then.......

attachicon.gifAtlas O RDG GP35 #3623.jpg

Looking at it now,i realise how ropey the weathering job was!.

Cheers,

Brian.

PS you know you want to re-paint the GP7.........

I would love to re-paint it Brian but, apart from not wanting to hack around with this lovely loco, I have too many irons in the fire with not enough time to do everything I want to do.