N gauge Shark Ballast Plough Van

DJM Dave

Of note are the finer panel lines, the chimney and heat plate and the lack of any handrails (as all handrails will now be separately applied items)

Yes, the panel lines are finer, and interesting to note that the handrails will all be now separate fittings.

Do you have a pic of the new body moulding sitting on the chassis?

G

• RMweb Gold

Well that is good to seem some progress hopefully it will arrive this year - still got two on order with Rails. Will have to check card details as card updated since order placed a while ago.

The moulding is looking better - handrails  - cost and glue  marks or loosing parts implications spring to mind.Can the bag of bits have a spare set or half set please ! And Dave did you get the plough to work !! 

Robert 

• 2 weeks later...

So did the orders pick up in the end?

No! unfortunately, which means i have to make a MOQ (minimum order quantity) to get them done, and sell the rest via my e-commerce site and at shows, as i have no choice. The project will have to pay me back my outlay and perhaps then even make me a profit. 

No! unfortunately, which means i have to make a MOQ (minimum order quantity) to get them done, and sell the rest via my e-commerce site and at shows, as i have no choice. The project will have to pay me back my outlay and perhaps then even make me a profit. 

I have just ordered 1 from Rails, not a big order I know but every little helps....

Regards,

Alex

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Brilliant model Dave... ;)  Some lovely fine moulding/detailing and those handrails certainly lift the model...

Looking forwards to receiving mine.

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Premium

what do others think, i'm thinking white handrails all round, and white lamp brackets or are whte lamp brackets too much?

I often paint white handrails in very pale grey (Humbrol 147) which helps them look finer; white can be a bit stark or garish.