Project Builds, Detailing, Painting, Weathering

Plum Hollow. Illinois

• RMweb Gold

I have today set up the web-page outlining my new American N-gauge layout which I commenced recently.

The concept page is on my website here = Plum Hollow with notes of what I found whilst searching out a plausible back-story and location.  

The first build update in my blog posts is here.

The info' posted on my webpage today is too long  to post here hence just posting the link. Main purpose of this post is to publicly thank the various respondents to my earlier questions and give a context to the answers given. More to come on here in due course when there is something more to see.

Edited by john new
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Positives and negatives to report.

Moving forwards - bought a styrene cutter at RailWells so will be able to shape the base/landform sheets. Have also checked out where to buy the sheets from locally. Have also avoided building in an operational error with the intended track plan.

Negatives - laid up the track yesterday and added the stock to do some hand-powered stock movements to test the design; discovered the passing loop as intended was just too short for the length of the passenger train. Some rethinking required and possibly purchase of extra r/hand point.

Edited by john new