When TT3 was the next Big Thing

I also have some overlays for the Coronation stock. At the moment the brake came out a little short but is being redone. I have 3 different dark blues as I cannot make my mind up which I like best but will rule out 1 of them. I may end up doing two sets as I do like both others. I know what it should be but I prefer a different shade. The Buffet car is shorter so will be fitted to a suburban coach.

Garry

Coronation stock.jpg

• Like 4

Two sides on test, held only with blue tack. These look really good and I will get some valances etched for the Coronation and Silver Jubilee sets. Probably have to paint the roofs a different shade though. Just have to find time with all the home schooling to prepare about 12 more shells.

If anyone wants a set please contact Tony Winzar at tony_winzar@ntlworld.com

Garry

Coronation brake.JPG

Tourist buffet.JPG

• Like 5

Just looking to see how the Silver Jubilee coaches look with the loco. There is a difference in coach v tender shade but looking at the real one there is a distinct difference too. Also I thought the Gem tender was quite high compared to the coach but again the real one shows a marked difference in their heights. The roof and ends do need painting as well as some valances to be made and coloured with the light grey of the tender.

Garry

Silver Jubilee.jpg

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

Looking good and all part of the war effort !  The handrail details on the tender are amazing given the size involved. 

I guess Lenny will find time to sort out a S&D 7F ... from his design office. 

Robert 

Don't say that Robert I cannot keep up now, although, personally I think I would pass on that loco.  It would give me spare time to get on with others and I now have to start getting a drawing done to get an etched chassis.  I do have a J52 coming with it but no photo of it, it is the first one off the printer last night.

Garry

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

I do have a J52 coming with it but no photo of it, it is the first one off the printer last night.

Garry

Well that's saved me an email to Lenny !! :good_mini:  I was also thinking that a WD kit would be nice, so that's that covered ....and I love the Clan ....need to get some OT in to pay for it all, though ! :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

Regards,

Ian.

Edited by 03060
Correction.
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 minutes ago, 03060 said:

Well that's saved me an email to Lenny !! :good_mini:  I was also thinking that a WD kit would be nice, so that's that covered ....and I love the Clan ....need to get some OT in to pay for if all, though ! :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

Regards,

Ian.

Ian, here is the C12 on my 4-4-2 GC chassis.  At the moment I don't know what I will do for the trailing wheel set as the GC chassis had it further back than this requires.  I know the spacings are not correct but it saves me drawing up a chassis just for this.  

Garry

C12 on chassis.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Tri-ang never produced a CIWL coach although one was planned and a pre production model was made so here is the first print to test the overall size. As this is fitted to a Pullman coach, which Tri-ang were going to use with a different roof, I will have to paint the doors and ends blue, and darken the roof.  The lamps are distorted as this was scaled down from a Hornby 0 gauge version so I may remove them.

Garry

CIWL first print.JPG

Edited by Golden Fleece 30
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, sncf231e said:

Looking very good but the full company name should include the word "et":

Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits et des Grands Express Européens

P1040207.jpg.b82f24ac9fb5f492b7b1dc69b0cba1ab.jpg

Regards

Fred

Thanks but it may be too long to fit comfortably in the area.  The writing would go beyond the cream panel below and too near the ends.

Garry

3 minutes ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Thanks but it may be too long to fit comfortably in the area.  The writing would go beyond the cream panel below and too near the ends.

Garry

It is possible to adjust the character spacing so that the correct wording will fit.

John Isherwood.

3 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

It is possible to adjust the character spacing so that the correct wording will fit.

John Isherwood.

I know but it will not look right on the area available.  I know how to set text, I used to teach AutoCAD 2D and 3D but to fit where I want it would have to be smaller height which I don't want to do.

Garry

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

I know but it will not look right on the area available.  I know how to set text, I used to teach AutoCAD 2D and 3D but to fit where I want it would have to be smaller height which I don't want to do.

Garry

Not look right? It can never 'look right' if a word is missing, surely? You'll have to compromise somewhere - the question is where.

That said - as the windows are printed, rather than transparent ..........

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

http://www.tri-angtt.org.uk/ContcoachP.htm

Then one of these will be needed as well but with a rake of 4 and the baggage car quite an impressive train for the SNCF Pacific to haul  at speed  and given  it is rule 1.5 stuff then trying to read "et" will be lost in the spectacle!  "York south to Gare du Norf!"  via GC   quite a dream.    

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

Not look right? It can never 'look right' if a word is missing, surely? You'll have to compromise somewhere - the question is where.

That said - as the windows are printed, rather than transparent ..........

John Isherwood.

I am certainly not going to be making coaches from scratch and if this is the easy way out then that's fine by me.  If someone wants to draw and then build an etched set, paint and get transfers made then that is up to them.  I don't speak French and unlikely the majority of people who see it will so who knows a word is out.  Printed windows were part of the accepted norm at one time like when TT was around, Gem made some LNWR ones even building them in card to sell as well as overlays.

Garry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert Shrives said:

http://www.tri-angtt.org.uk/ContcoachP.htm

Then one of these will be needed as well but with a rake of 4 and the baggage car quite an impressive train for the SNCF Pacific to haul  at speed  and given  it is rule 1.5 stuff then trying to read "et" will be lost in the spectacle!  "York south to Gare du Norf!"  via GC   quite a dream.    

I don't think I will be having one of those drawn up Robert, an SR Utility van is waiting to couple up.

Garry

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

I don't think I will be having one of those drawn up Robert, an SR Utility van is waiting to couple up.

Garry

Just as good - Your comments about what almost was made got me to have a quick look at the web at what else was planned, mind you the model is quite ugly( to my eye)  so perhaps best it was not made.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Golden Fleece 30 said:

Garry

As far as i know the Triang Pullman is 18 cm; this Jouef car, which also has 6 windows, is 16 cm and has the full text:

P1100857.JPG.e54aae6b9e0a6e69bc8b63bb69d0adb9.JPG

Regards

Fred

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sncf231e said:

As far as i know the Triang Pullman is 18 cm; this Jouef car, which also has 6 windows, is 16 cm and has the full text:

P1100857.JPG.e54aae6b9e0a6e69bc8b63bb69d0adb9.JPG

Regards

Fred

The actual distance of where the writing is positioned is only 140mm and it looks fine as it is and not asking for it all to be changed now, my last part was to get narrower lamps so the sides are acceptable to me.

Garry