When TT3 was the next Big Thing

After the lovely running of the unrebuilt Royal Scot recently I decided to get two more out that were painted a few years ago and try to finish them off. Tonight I put the lining on and will see what names I have in-store before ordering the cabside numbers from Railtec. 

Garry

IMG_20210901_202909.jpg

IMG_20210901_230706.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Lenny defo onto a winner for 12mm rtr chassis  I could do with several for rats, 33, 37 and a few more  In kit form would be fine for me  but others will certainly like an rtr.  I would hope to use some Dapol N pcbs to collect pick ups and to be able to add lighting, but also the latent provision for DCC could be useful. 

The video shows good haulage and low noise which is good.  Hopefully weight casting has an allowance for cutting back to give cab daylight.  

Thanks for showing that this stage of development. 

Robert 

• Like 1

I was never happy with the Modelmaster lining and individual numbers on my green standard 5 so tonight I removed them (easily without any paint coming off) and reapplied. This time I used Fox lining and Railtec numbers. I also decided to line the footplate edge and cylinder covers. The tender still has Modelmaster lining which although slightly different I will leave.

Also completed is 44200 using the excellent Railtec cabside transfers.

IMG_20210916_220807.jpg

IMG_20210916_220425.jpg

IMG_20210916_225910.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lincoln-Locos RTR class 24 nearly finished. I have not decided what to do about the buffers as yet. The chassis is an excellent fit all around the body so don't really want to cut it, but, I don't want to have the buffer stems held just by the buffer beam thickness.  Numbers are from Railtec and the crest is from Fox.

IMG_20210923_225054.jpg

• Like 3

Found some full BRITISH RAILWAYS transfers for use on the Duchess tender. Still need to put a white line inside the red around the cab. Then  make a "spacer" between the boiler bands to mount the nameplates. Pity I did not know about the Railtec transfers when I did the loco, although, I am in two minds to try to remove these individual ones and get a made up set from Railtec.

IMG_20210923_224213.jpg

• Like 3

The "Tri-ang" WD (Lincoln-Locos) and 8F (brass/whitemetal)!have been varnished without their smokebox numbers which I am still waiting for.  The unrebuilt Royal Scot is a Gem kit nearing completion (plates are old Kings X). The B16/1 (Lincoln-Locos) is finished ex-works but I may give her a duller finish later. Tenders all coaled up. All the cabside numbers are the brilliant Railtec ones, other transfers are Fox.

IMG_20210924_193142.jpg

IMG_20210924_193226.jpg

IMG_20210924_193052.jpg

IMG_20210924_193333.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Another Britannia but this time the lining was well worn but the rest seemed to be okay so thought I would start to improve it with some Fox and Railtec transfers.  The nameplates are old Kings X which I have cut out. Looks to be working out okay. This will be SR's 70004.

I had a spare set of plates, John of Gaunt, so cut them out ready for another spare Brit

IMG_20210927_222703.jpg

IMG_20210928_134528.jpg

• Like 2