Loxx Berlin Closing 31,08.17

jonathan452

I don't know if this has been mentioned on RMWeb already, I only found out about this by pure chance when looking at YouTube last night,

Here is the latest news article I could find on the subject-:

https://www.noz.de/lokales/ostfriesland/artikel/919139/leeraner-miniaturland-will-modellbahn-loxx-kaufen

The usual story of rent increases being one of the contributory factors.

Any more updates/developments would be welcomed.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know if this has been mentioned on RMWeb already, I only found out about this by pure chance when looking at YouTube last night,

Here is the latest news article I could find on the subject-:

https://www.noz.de/lokales/ostfriesland/artikel/919139/leeraner-miniaturland-will-modellbahn-loxx-kaufen

The usual story of rent increases being one of the contributory factors.

Any more updates/developments would be welcomed.

Shame, I really enjoyed visiting is a couple of years ago when in the City.

I gather that the exhibition / layout / attraction was originally housed in another building in the Charlottenburg district before moving to its current home in the shopping centre in 2007, hopefully this means a large chunk of it could be salvageable and rebuilt elsewhere.

I've visited this layout both in its original home in Kurfurstendamm and latterly in the shopping center near Alexanderplatz. While not quite of the same level as Miniature Wunderland, it's still a bloody impressive layout, especially with all the famous Berlin landmarks scattered about it. If you get a chance to see it before it closes, you really should do. Well worth the effort.

• 3 weeks later...