1:75 scale scenic items, including figures

Stubby47

Just slightly concerned to see some of the items labelled "HO/1:75" - hope they're not getting their 7s and 8s confused because 1:85, while only slightly over size for HO, is seriously underscale for the 4mm gauges (I could probably forgive the missing 1.2 if they're really 1:75)

• Like 1

Stubby,

If these are to be seen on the layout anywhere but in a coach....BEWARE!!!!
I have bought some "supposedly" OO and they were anything but....even be hard pushed for HO.

What is written and what is received are two different animals.

Khris

• RMweb Premium

These are sold on E-bay, the figures and cars in particular. I have seen the cars 'in the flesh' and they appear to be generic rather than specific prototypes so its difficult to tell the scale but they look a little underscale but not by that much (1/78-1/80) so placing them at the back of a layout to force perspective might be the way to go. The items of furniture however I haven't seen on E-bay but they look interesting.

These are sold on E-bay, the figures and cars in particular. I have seen the cars 'in the flesh' and they appear to be generic rather than specific prototypes so its difficult to tell the scale but they look a little underscale but not by that much (1/78-1/80) so placing them at the back of a layout to force perspective might be the way to go. The items of furniture however I haven't seen on E-bay but they look interesting.

They look interesting but who needs 100 beds!

Stubby: the figures from the US website are the same as obtainable from a Chinese outfit called 'We Happy' on an e-bay website, they were cheaper, too.

They are a bit tall and thin for 00, but a little 'leg cropping' and a repaint into more conventional colours, will fill coach after coach and provide some emaciated railway staff.

I bought some of these two years ago and am still working my way through them - with more than enough for my needs. 

Lots of these types of items online, ebay. Also see some at exhibitions(at least you can see what you are buying). When they are cheap, a slight misunderstanding(?) on what scale they are can be forgiven. Ii is not just a generic architectual naming standard, but I found OO/HO/TT(2.5 or 3mm?) all confused in one listing. I wanted some stuff in 1/100 scale(TT3), but the cars turned out to be HO scale, still usable for another project, and were not very expensive, in fact a lot cheaper than the same ones advertised by traders nearer to home.

It is nothing new. Airfix military(and I think railway) kits used to say OO/HO on the box. onsidering they were officially 1/72 scale, and many are now rebranded as 1/76 now, adds more confusion.

When there has been a cross over to architectural modelling, there is even more flexibilitywith scales. Look in the Plastruct/EMA catalogue. Then there are the Slaters O scale plastic figures. Never been certain whether they were British O scale or 1/50th, possibly actually USA 1/48 scale.

That all dulls to the extremities of G scale......

Edited by rue_d_etropal

• RMweb Premium

Lots of these types of items online, ebay. Also see some at exhibitions(at least you can see what you are buying). When they are cheap, a slight misunderstanding(?) on what scale they are can be forgiven. Ii is not just a generic architectual naming standard, but I found OO/HO/TT(2.5 or 3mm?) all confused in one listing. I wanted some stuff in 1/100 scale(TT3), but the cars turned out to be HO scale, still usable for another project, and were not very expensive, in fact a lot cheaper than the same ones advertised by traders nearer to home.

It is nothing new. Airfix military(and I think railway) kits used to say OO/HO on the box. onsidering they were officially 1/72 scale, and many are now rebranded as 1/76 now, adds more confusion.

When there has been a cross over to architectural modelling, there is even more flexibilitywith scales. Look in the Plastruct/EMA catalogue. Then there are the Slaters O scale plastic figures. Never been certain whether they were British O scale or 1/50th, possibly actually USA 1/48 scale.

That all dulls to the extremities of G scale......

Airfix military range was always 1/76th.

I use to build tanks for wargaming and when some of the continental ranges started to be imported they were 1/72nd and they were much bigger. 

• Like 1