Springsbury Croft.'O' gauge 1977-'87 era depot.

Thanks CME. You read my mind! I left the original finish on and just sprayed the matt Black over it so i can rub the Black paint down in a few places later to give that faded look and so that some of the White lettering and the Stars can show through.;)

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

What are the transfers for if you don't mind me asking? I've always had a quick response and got everything i ever wanted and ordered from Steve at Railtec without any probs' at all, maybe i'm just lucky and i only pick stuff he already has in stock, i've yet to ask for a special order in the hope he'll be doing them anyway one day, i'm used to waiting, as i use the NHS hell of a lot. :mocking_mini: 

• Friendly/supportive 2

I got myself another cheap pocket sized second hand camera last week, it takes better pics' in low light so it says on the tin! I think its just about got away with taking these pics' in the bad weather and very dark spare room today:rolleyes: I've weathered the vehicles up a bit more and i'm still waiting for the replacement windscreen for the Tranny van to arrive, but its a quick and easy fit, made a lot easier with the base being screwed on instead of the usual rivets, i also put a load of fencing gear on the TK's flat bed, i could do with a scale cement mixer throwing on the back now. The 'Air Ministry' tank is finished to the best i can get it and i'm happy to leave it well alone for now.

Thanks for all the ticks and nice comments, i may be a while in posting here again as i've to go get in some new modelling supplies, i'm hoping to get the yard lamps finished and the shed lights fitted next. :)

2019-08-14 12.28.26ford.jpg

2019-08-14_12_31_15tk.jpg

2019-08-14 12.26.19tran.jpg

2019-08-14_12_33.44tank.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 12/08/2019 at 12:43, Owd Bob said:

What are the transfers for if you don't mind me asking? I've always had a quick response and got everything i ever wanted and ordered from Steve at Railtec without any probs' at all, maybe i'm just lucky and i only pick stuff he already has in stock, i've yet to ask for a special order in the hope he'll be doing them anyway one day, i'm used to waiting, as i use the NHS hell of a lot. :mocking_mini: 

Hi OB

Quite a range of them, plus a bespoke set (which has already been made for a.n.other). I've waited months and months for a reply.

Atvb

CME

• Friendly/supportive 1

52 minutes ago, Owd Bob said:

I got myself another cheap pocket sized second hand camera last week, it takes better pics' in low light so it says on the tin! I think its just about got away with taking these pics' in the bad weather and very dark spare room today:rolleyes: I've weathered the vehicles up a bit more and i'm still waiting for the replacement windscreen for the Tranny van to arrive, but its a quick and easy fit, made a lot easier with the base being screwed on instead of the usual rivets, i also put a load of fencing gear on the TK's flat bed, i could do with a scale cement mixer throwing on the back now. The 'Air Ministry' tank is finished to the best i can get it and i'm happy to leave it well alone for now.

Thanks for all the ticks and nice comments, i may be a while in posting here again as i've to go get in some new modelling supplies, i'm hoping to get the yard lamps finished and the shed lights fitted next. :)

2019-08-14 12.28.26ford.jpg

2019-08-14_12_31_15tk.jpg

2019-08-14 12.26.19tran.jpg

2019-08-14_12_33.44tank.jpg

Superb!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sb67 said:

Nice photo's there Bob and some fine modelling to boot! Which camera did you get? 

Steve.

Thanks Steve, it's a Sony Cybershot Exmor 'R' 20.4mp. A bit bigger than my usual cheap top pocket cameras and heavy with it, but it has HD video' which none of my other cameras ever had, so it will come in handy when things finally get up and running.;)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...

I finally managed to finish the white metal hopper wagon kit i bought and started back in April. The rain and dark evenings forced my hand. Having already done the chassis the hopper part was the last to do and was put together using fast setting epoxy resin whilst i held its four sides together in my hand until set, it took a lot of filing and sanding down in parts but it came out just about ok for my layout and its intended use which is to be parked up and abandoned in a siding end full of junk and weeds. The whole wagon was sprayed with Grey etch primer followed by a layer of Matt Black heat resistant car exhaust paint, probably the matt-est and flattest Black paint, on next was sprayed a layer of Halfords matt varnish to which 'real rust' powder was quickly sprinkled on before the varnish dried. Once the varnish had dried excess rust powder was brushed off, the wagon was then brushed over with malt vinegar to set the rusting process off. I can't say i'd do another White metal kit as yet, it really needs someone with soldering skills which i have none of!:blush: The thing rolled off the end of the layout crashed three feet down and smashed one buffer off yesterday! .....thankfully it was the only damage, so never mind.... it can stay like that.:rolleyes:

2019-10-20 10.45.47ore.jpg

2019-10-20 10.47.40iron.jpg

Edited by Owd Bob
spelling
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

Thank you Richard, it was built portable/movable for around the house only and was sized to fit in the car with the back seats down in case i ever need to move elsewhere. I've had a few invites to shows and many are interested in seeing it somewhere. I'm in no real hurry with it at all and i'll see how i feel about showing it next year if and when it's finished. A fiddle yard has yet to be constructed and will have to be made as a separate part which can be bolted on. I will soon be busy working on it again with the dark evenings fast approaching. :)

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks folks, a bit of a lull in the layout progress at the mo' but it'll all kick off soon again as i'm off to the 7mm modern image show at Rawtenstall tomoz' for some much needed bits and inspiration. Do's anybody please know how or where i can get some number plates bought or made for the vehicles? I'd like to personalise them as registered to the N.W. area if poss' ;)

Edited by Owd Bob
ancient keyboard

19 minutes ago, Owd Bob said:

Many thanks folks, a bit of a lull in the layout progress at the mo' but it'll all kick off soon again as i'm off to the 7mm modern image show at Rawtenstall tomoz' for some much needed bits and inspiration. Do's anybody please know how or where i can get some number plates bought or made for the vehicles? I'd like to personalise them as registered to the N.W. area if poss' ;)

I make mine on a PC using a simple tool such as MS paint. Alternatively if you have a photo of the front of a vehicle with a suitable plate you can cut them out. PM me if you need any help or I can do it for you if you have some reg plates you want.

• Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks Rob' for the offer which i'll take you up on:) i'm a bit stuck for a decent comp' and printer at the mo' and that would be a job for 'Her indoors' anyway, i'm no great fan or user of new fangled tech':rolleyes: Any Reg' numbers i choose can based on old vehicles myself or my Dad used to own, all long gone to the scrappy by now i would think. I'll pm you a few old numbers later Thanks!:drinks:....that tractor unit pic' of yours reminds me that i still need to make some wing mirrors for them all yet.:O;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Me and the lad are firing up the Abarth and heading over the "Grane" - be there Saturday afternoon Bob.

I'm leaving the wallet at home :biggrin_mini2:

Ian

• Funny 1

Skint? Me to:D....I've got about twenty quid in coppers to buy some bits with but six quid of that is to get in....:lol: Be great to see the layouts, pinch some ideas and have a chat with like minded folks.:) Might just see you there Ian :pilot: i'll be the one turning all my pockets inside out and shakin' mi yed and tuttin':rolleyes:

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Owd Bob said:

Skint? Me to:D....I've got about twenty quid in coppers to buy some bits with but six quid of that is to get in....:lol: Be great to see the layouts, pinch some ideas and have a chat with like minded folks.:) Might just see you there Ian :pilot: i'll be the one turning all my pockets inside out and shakin' mi yed and tuttin':rolleyes:

I'm still tinkering in 00 Bob but going over to see what's what as regards future bankruptcy.

Ian

• Funny 3

8 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Thanks Rob' for the offer which i'll take you up on:) i'm a bit stuck for a decent comp' and printer at the mo' and that would be a job for 'Her indoors' anyway, i'm no great fan or user of new fangled tech':rolleyes: Any Reg' numbers i choose can based on old vehicles myself or my Dad used to own, all long gone to the scrappy by now i would think. I'll pm you a few old numbers later Thanks!:drinks:....that tractor unit pic' of yours reminds me that i still need to make some wing mirrors for them all yet.:O;)

No probs, will try and spin them round over the weekend

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Crisis Rail said:

In any case - how will we recognize you? Will you be "with pies" or maybe a strong smell of Santos? :biggrin_mini2:

I don't know what made you say that:D I will have been and gone by dinner time, as swmbo is driving me around at the mo' and wants the car in the afternoon and on Sunday:threaten: 

2019-08-12 14.55.28uj.jpg

• Funny 2