Springsbury Croft.'O' gauge 1977-'87 era depot.

5 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

A few pics' of my recent kit build. I don't know one wagon from another so when i posted this pic' of a class 25 the other week it got me looking at the wagon by the side of it. The wagon was often seen sat around Springs Branch depot in the late '70's and early '80's. By chance a few days later i saw a wagon kit build on another layout that i am following which turned out to be of the same type and design of wagon, that being a B.R. 13t. high goods wagon. The Slaters kit was bought and arrived the very next day from Blackpool. Its taken me about ten days in total to finish, a lot quicker than i had thought it would. I can't say its perfect or correct in every detail but it's a near enough effort i hope to park up on my layout. :)

1-5-2018_05725_sp25_149..jpg

DSC09280.JPG

DSC09296 (2).JPG

DSC09299 (2).JPG

Very nice OB, I've a white metal one to do. I need a small train of them for demolition train.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all!:) Seeing as how here in the N.W. we might end up under further lock down measures soon, i've already decided i'm staying in!  So i'm thinking of getting another kit to build to keep me busy. Here's all my kit built wagons i've made so far....all three of 'em :lol:

DSC09316 (2).JPG

DSC09319 (2).JPG

DSC09320 (2).JPG

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking very good Bob.....What kit are you thinking of building?

I think that British Railways sign on the side of the shed could do with dirtying up a bit in keeping with the rest of shed / layout. (Unless of course the depot cleaner has been out and given it a quick wash over ;))

Jim

Edited by jcarta
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jcarta said:

Looking very good Bob.....What kit are you thinking of building?

I think that British Railways sign on the side of the shed could do with dirtying up a bit in keeping with the rest of shed / layout. (Unless of course the depot cleaner has been out and given it a quick wash over ;))

Jim

Nowt too complicated to make i hope Jim, more than likely a Parkside or Slaters kit yet again. I've been looking at a pipe wagon or a grampus ballast wagon, up to now the Grampus seems odds on.;) Yes i agree the sign is too clean, it needs the name of the depot putting on it yet then i'll dirty it up a bit, but enough so we can just still read it.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Change of life style and mainly an hopeful change of address means this layout and all that go's with it is now finished, anybody interested in any part of it can pm me for more info' the baseboard layout will be broken up if it has no interest and everything else will go!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Change of life style and mainly an hopeful change of address means this layout and all that go's with it is now finished, anybody interested in any part of it can pm me for more info' the baseboard layout will be broken up if it has no interest and everything else will go!

Oh No! It will be a shame if you end up breaking this up as I thought you would be able to sell it as is?

• Friendly/supportive 1

Not managed any interest in it yet 37114, i've tried a few places now and nobody wants the layout and the offers for all the loco's and wagons are a complete insult and a joke...i'll break it all up and drip feed and sell off the bits on fee-bay....unless somebody has an interest in the layout soon it'll get dismantled, smashed up and burned this weekend, after that i'll be out for the count for several weeks so i need to get a move on asap.whilst i still can. ;)

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Owd Bob said:

Not managed any interest in it yet 37114, i've tried a few places now and nobody wants the layout and the offers for all the loco's and wagons are a complete insult and a joke...i'll break it all up and drip feed and sell off the bits on fee-bay....unless somebody has an interest in the layout soon it'll get dismantled, smashed up and burned this weekend, after that i'll be out for the count for several weeks so i need to get a move on asap.whilst i still can. ;)

I am so sorry to hear that you this layout could be confined to the history books. I have followed this thread with great enthusiasm and I and along with others hope that you will produce another masterpiece in the near future. Is there anyway that you could utilise some of the bits & bobs in another layout?

Jim 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Jim, and many thanks to all the other watchers who have supported me over the last few years. I'm afraid i'll have no room when i move out of here as we'll be lucky to get a council flat, and if we have to pay private rent then we'll need as much cash as we can muster, but i am trying to keep hold of my other unfinished 009 layout 'Aberllyn'  which is probably 20 pages further back than this topic   ....it's that long since i did owt on that as well.:lol: 

Edit' Just found my other layout, it's not as far back as i thought, it's on page seven.:)

Edited by Owd Bob
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, Owd Bob said:

Thanks Jim, and many thanks to all the other watchers who have supported me over the last few years. I'm afraid i'll have no room when i move out of here as we'll be lucky to get a council flat, and if we have to pay private rent then we'll need as much cash as we can muster, but i am trying to keep hold of my other unfinished 009 layout 'Aberllyn'  which is probably 20 pages further back than this topic   ....it's that long since i did owt on that as well.:lol: 

Edit' Just found my other layout, it's not as far back as i thought, it's on page seven.:)

But you have spent most of the cash that you are going to, on this layout, Bob. Even in a flat, a layout of this size will not be out of the question, if you can take it down when not in use. Surely it is far more important and enjoyable than the 009 layout??

What will try with the outdoor kit - use it on a local 7"  gauge club line?

• Like 1

Things are never that simple Mike, there are other folks and their belongings that come first for any available space or room...say no more!:rolleyes: And on a lighter moment is a diesel based layout more important or enjoyable than a steam one?:D I could inherit a load of dosh or win the lotto then i could keep everything and buy a mansion with room for a Pony and a swimming pool :lol:...it's all ifs and buts and maybes at the mo' i have to make plans of some sort or i'll be taken out of here in a straight jacket or a pine box very soon. :crazy:

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

That's a shame Bob.

Thanks for sharing this layout with us and personally thanks for all the inspiration that has come from it.

Great attention to detail, BR blue diesels and grubby - wot's not too like!

I hope things work out for you and we can see you back with another quality layout :good:

Pete

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 19:37, Owd Bob said:

Oh no! I'm so so sorry to hear of this @Owd Bob :(
Popping in to take a peek at what's happening at Springsbury Croft has been one of the most enjoyable things on RWweb in recent times.
It's a superb layout Bob, and oozes atmosphere - it feels just like bunking a depot in the 70's... took me right back every time I followed your progress.

I really wish you could hang on to it - I wouldn't mind owning it myself, in all honesty (but I need to part with quite a bit of stuff myself tbh)
I really hope everything works out for the best for you & your upcoming move Bob, I really do
And I hope you can just hang on to some of the stock... perhaps you could build a really tiny micro / plank to run it on in future?
Fingers crossed for you mate.. all the best

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2