A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Bleat Wharf. Breakfasts and Backwaters. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

42 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I have a father-of-the-bride speech to prepare and am thinking I should take a leaf from the Captain's erudite and succinct phraseology. 

You'll be there all day and confuse the hell out of them if you do ! :read:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Nice interview with Mr York at the Taunton meet Rob.

What's that open wagon by the crane btw.

Thanks Rob. 

Very much on the hoof....

Do you mean in the photos or in the vidjo ( Welsh spelling ) ? 

R

• RMweb Gold

It's one of these; 

Mainline 37420-PO11 3 plank wagon in BR brown. 

I've had it for years.

37420-PO11_3484805_Qty1_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Forgive the rash of 'likes' but boy you have been busy!

Superb modelling.

Al.

Thanks Al, Nick.

All the photos above were taken over the last four weeks and the last week ahead of the Taunton show was a tad on the frantic side.  I just wanted to make sure that what I was going to display at the show was good enough to be there.  

Here is another view of the 3 plank wagon. Standard Mainline apart for the more recent couplings. 

Bleat will now be tidied up to remove some of the rough edges before it's next show.

Rob.

20180615_084757.jpg

20180615_085454.jpg

20180614_215140.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Very kind of you to say so. There were quite a few, Stubbers. 

I shall document them as I make the necessary adjustments.

In any event, one of the next jobs is to finish the display side of the layout, which will include this. 

These words sum up my idea of Bleat Wharf and what it is that I am trying to convey in my modelling.

Rob.

20190222_204231.jpg

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

I didn't see any rough edges either but then I suppose it is a bit like a music performance. The performer knows where all those little errors are that not noticed by the audience.

As I said to you, I feel you have caught a real sense of S & D atmosphere with the layout that places it geographically however much you might like a J70 or J15!

Would now like to see the other layouts in the saga for real.

Martyn

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Mr Brinkly sir, I am astounded and amazed by your photos of Mutton taken last Sunday.

Especially as the layout on show was Bleat Wharf.

:)

Wrong thread! I'm a lost lamb! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Rob,
I really wish I had longer than a couple minutes with which to gaze in awe at Bleat Wharf and take photos, as it truly features some fantastic modelling. You may see the rough edges, but trust me; not many people (if any!) do. I can feel pretty confident in saying that given I am very much in the same mindset; I knew exactly what was "rough" on Sandy Shores, yet for some reason all I seemed to receive were compliments! Seriously, I really hope I get a proper chance to see Bleat Wharf; you seemed to have developed a knack for modelling the last years of steam very well indeed. I thought the concrete roadway at the front was particularly convincing; not least because of the really subtle textures you've managed to recreate. Given that John Betjeman's film immediately sprung to mind when I wandered on over during the end of the show, I think you've done a cracking job.

SWAG6.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Brinkly said:

3ED75046-7905-43E1-AFD4-4AF69D0DF9B7.gif.3e6f526573004fbb345c7cfa9c3d5f21.gif

I do like 0-6-0 tender locomotives! You need a Collett Goods Rob! 

Best wishes,

Nick

I can see what you are doing here with your evil Western Region ways.........it's Midland engines here, Brinkers Minor......do you hear!...Midland I tell ewe........Derby............not yer products of Swindon.................

Damn your insolence, Sir!............

Grayson will see you in the boot room at 4pm sharp for the finest of fine thrashings..........

8 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Mr Brinkly sir, I am astounded and amazed by your photos of Mutton taken last Sunday.

Especially as the layout on show was Bleat Wharf.

:)

Ahem.........it could have happened...I could have easily brought Mutton by accident given the rushing about of the  week before the show...........in fact I did have Mutton's stock with me.......

Edited by NHY 581
Typing with hooves
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4