A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Bleat Wharf. Breakfasts and Backwaters. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

They are conceptual and figurative in an aesthetic and artistic sense at this time, darling.

So they're in the butchers shop around the corner then as part of a ceramic tile display on the wall ?

W.Edgewood

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So they're in the butchers shop around the corner then as part of a ceramic tile display on the wall ?

W.Edgewood

Not sure what you mean by that, Wedgey, old fruit. In order to re-imagine the nature of a conceptualised sheep, it could be necessary to formulate a co-terminus synthesis of alternative aesthetic parameters, yes?

• RMweb Gold

Not sure what you mean by that, Wedgey, old fruit. In order to re-imagine the nature of a conceptualised sheep, it could be necessary to formulate a co-terminus synthesis of alternative aesthetic parameters, yes?

post-14122-0-60879800-1506018010.jpeg

Edited by nhy581

A better view of the offending building......I love it!!

Nicely placed IMHO Rob, just out of curiosity can I ask the origins of said buildings ?

S.Light-Catchup

• RMweb Gold

Bonjour.

The latest addition is this;

44-043z Bachmann Scenecraft The Birch Hall Inn Public House TMC Limited Edition.

The green wriggly tin jobs are from both from Hornby.

I do like the ready to plant thingies. A little extra detailing and weathering will lift them once again.

I have ordered a couple of the Nissen huts. That will just leave something to use as the yard office. I am not too sure about the small cottage I was going to use. I prefer a single storey structure.

I fancy this brick built example from Bachmann but I do have a stone built alternative 'in stock'. See below.

Rob.

post-14122-0-72529800-1506048567.jpeg

post-14122-0-64521200-1506048592.jpg

post-14122-0-09315400-1506048804.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bonjour.

With all endeavours directed towards Mutton as of late, nothing has been done with Sheeps Wharf. However, with an approach to exhibit in a years time providing a bit of encouragement, matters may well progress.

I have all the buildings that I think I will need and it is a matter of deciding on a plan.

You would think I had more sense..............

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bonjour.

With all endeavours directed towards Mutton as of late, nothing has been done with Sheeps Wharf. However, with an approach to exhibit in a years time providing a bit of encouragement, matters may well progress.

I have all the buildings that I think I will need and it is a matter of deciding on a plan.

You would think I had more sense..............

Well, no update as of yet with Sheep Lane and Mutton both taking time but I continue to mull this over. It's going to be small, bijou and compact. A layout that has provided much inspiration is Arun Quay.

Gordon's approach in that the wharf is viewed from the land rather than from the sea is so obvious when the penny drops but quite out of the box all the same. The effect is quite stunning. I spent a fair time chatting to Gordon and Maggie at the Nailsea show and Aruns appearance was the main reason for going. Worth the entry fee alone. I really like the view offered by this approach but any such layout will inevitably draw comparission with AQ. So be it. The challenge will be to provide an individual approach and maintain the 'less is more' standard set with Sheep Lane and Mutton.

I am still convinced that small low buildings are the way to go with taller buildings masking off stage. The orginal idea was for Sheeps Wharf to revert to the S&D and this is still the case but it will also appear with Southern stock ( only the engines will change....to protect the innocent).

There may also be a name change.........

Here are some images of Arun Quay as secured by Norman on his visit..

Rob.

post-14122-0-46521100-1523087521_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-71109100-1523087560_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

I like this project, a lot!

The creative use of commonly available, quality items, such as some of the plethora of RTP buildings* now available, is something that actually would encourage people who may be dithering on the side to actually have a go.

There is a really nice, simple P4 layout on the same ethos (Saltmarsh I think)

* I seem to buy them if they vaguely remind me of somewhere or other.....I should put those together in a scene like this one promises to be :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks LB.

There's nothing special regarding this project or in fact any of the others I've done or are contemplating.

RTR locos and stock, PECO code 75 trackwork,basic electrics ( pokey finger points) RTP buildings, lighting by LIDL, all sat on IKEA shelves or table tops. Built as much for speed of completion, as cheapness and portability.

Rob.

• Like 5

Thanks LB.

There's nothing special regarding this project or in fact any of the others I've done or are contemplating.

RTR locos and stock, PECO code 75 trackwork,basic electrics ( pokey finger points) RTP buildings, lighting by LIDL, all sat on IKEA shelves or table tops. Built as much for speed of completion, as cheapness and portability.

Rob.

But don't forget the huge dollops of imagination and modelling skill that make them all come together in totally believable & atmospheric layouts - you can't buy those 'ready to plant'....!!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening all.

Focus is currently on getting Sheep Lane and Mutton to exhibition. However this project should start to gather momentum.

Size will be 1200×400. Fiddle yard will bolt on and give 900x260.

First up will be a 1.1 paper plan with PECO point templates.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Excuse the slight diversion but a question occurs to me: what are the people called who lay cobbled roads?

Paddy and Mick.

Rob.

Edited by NHY 581

Excuse the slight diversion but a question occurs to me: what are the people called who lay cobbled roads?

If they're a gang of elderly workmen then it'll be a load of old cobblers !

T.Armac

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Starting to think about this now that Mutton is well on its way.

Here's a few views of tonights mock up. Apologies for the poor photos but the light is carp.

Rob.

post-14122-0-46883700-1525382124_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-99480100-1525382144_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-31951900-1525382168_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-83397600-1525382185_thumb.jpg

• Like 12