A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

Bleat Wharf. Breakfasts and Backwaters. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

• RMweb Premium

Moving along to the period modelled, the main industry is ' C K Maddocks ', a small precision engineering firm who took over the buildings previously occupied by the RAF in 1944/45.

Very good.

• RMweb Premium

The photos are of the latest mock up of Bleat Wharf and probably not too far away from how it will look.

Looking at that track plan of Bleat Wharf, I am wondering if the railway would have put a point between the buildings where pedestrians would be likely to walk, or stagger if coming out of the pub. What about the point lever or mechanism to change the point?

• RMweb Gold

Evening Andrew. I have replied to the above on the main thread. There will be a solution........

• RMweb Gold

In other news, the last building for Bleat Wharf has arrived.

This will be an office....somewhere....it was simply too nice not to get and is full of character.

Rob.

post-14122-0-04015100-1527713387_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

We now have suitable Southern motive power....

post-14122-0-58392400-1528319205_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

It does, doesn't it.  And where does the coal go? If overloaded will the front wheels lift off the track?

post-14122-0-58460800-1528363546_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Clearly I am the only one therefore who finds a B4 a nice looking and thoroughly agreeable little engine.

Well worth the wait.

Rob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'm guessing the model is quite stable.

Until you add real coal...?

The version of the B4 you have Rob, doesn't have the same cuteness (yuk!) as other recent releases such as the P and the Peckett, but the Bluebell version with the cut away cab does.

• RMweb Premium

Apart from the firebox, there isn't a lot of weight overhanging at the rear, (cab-sheets and crew are relatively light) and its counterbalanced at the front by the greater weight of the hefty cast cylinders/steamchests assembly.

Cheers, Dave.

PS  I think B4s are very cute, in all their (surprisingly wide) variations

Edited by DLT

• RMweb Gold

I didn't say I didn't like it (although I don't want one), it just looks a little unsteady (as a prototype) - I'm guessing the model is quite stable.

It is by far the best runner straight from the box I have had in a long time Stubbers. Just trundles around. It is also big for an 0.4.0 so would look a bit ungainly.

I think it's fab and just right for Bleat.

Until you add real coal...?

The version of the B4 you have Rob, doesn't have the same cuteness (yuk!) as other recent releases such as the P and the Peckett, but the Bluebell version with the cut away cab does.

It"s all relative. The P does nothing for me at all. Not sure why but nope, not my cup of tea. Nice model but not one to own. The Peckett on the other hand is just splendid and I want more.

Rob.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sheep bloke, do you have a show this weekend? It's near SpamTowers. Be prepared for a visitation...

I'm going too. :sungum:

Cool. Looking forward to seeing you fine chaps.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Where is it we're going again?

Armitage......Staffs...