Point motors

ohanlonmartin

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the diameter of the hole in the tie bar on Peco 00 points, I need to start tackling the fitting of a lot of Seep point motors and need to buy suitable drill bits, my eyes are not up to such small measurement reading from a rule.

Is the tie bar hole size relevant? The rod from the seep has to move laterally to move the tie bar.

I cut about an 8 to 10mm hole through the baseboard. Or have I misunderstood your question?

Edited by Kiwi

The Seep wire will fit the existing hole with a bit of wriggle room to spare. To measure small holes, find a drill (or bit of wire) which just fits, then use a micrometer to check the drill diameter.

I tried a Peco code 100 large radius point and it took a brand new 1.2mm drill as a tight fit in the operating hole in the tie bar.

Would probably work best with a 1 mm rod

Thanks for those replies,

I should have said these points are already fixed in position, I want to drill down through the tie bar to locate dead centre of lateral movement on the switch blades, probably didn't make myself clear enough though.

When that's done I intend to drill up from underneath with an 8mm drill for sufficient clearance for tie bar movement via the pin in the point motor.

I will raise the points enough from the base board to allow me to insert a block of timber to act as a stop and prevent the 8mm drill from underneath going right through the centre of the tie bar, that's the plan anyway so we will see how this all works out.