RAILEX 2018 26 & 27 MAY

David Bigcheeseplant

Found em!

Complete with enhanced 1970's Brentford Nylons static for that additional "get up & go".

attachicon.gifpurplepullers.jpg

...  and knowing of the practice of certain model railway operators and their ilk to dress smartly for exhibitions (matching shirt & ties, embroidered polo shirts and the like) I found this old print of the Crock Croft Depot operating team (plus one guest) showing off their operating attire. Those desert boots still turn up occasionally!

attachicon.gifCrockOperators.jpg

Going of the last visit, I thought that was where the local worshipers of Pugilism carried out their venerations.

P

...I still have those desert wellies, and trust you to get a lampshade in the pic (hardcore RM webbanistas will know just how long Mr Mane has lobbied for a half decent Revo).

...also, by the look of that wall paper and just how well your purple pulling pants stick to it, I reckon that pic was taken in Ma Mackinnen's boarding house in Aberdeen in 1978. (Ma Mackinnen btw claimed she could throw a dinner plate clean across the harbour in Aberdeen)

Your scale might not be at Railex this year but remember it has the finest layouts in any scale that you will see this year its always been the same since it started many years ago.How about a plaque on the site of the Civic Centre commemorating the start of this great show.

If the civic centre was still there you could pic a plaque to it. But now no longer there that was the reason we moved to Stoke Mandeville stadium fourteen years ago.

Here is the floor plan with numbers.

Stand No Stand Name 1 Railex Information Point 2 R&DMRC Club Stand 3 R&DMRC Second-Hand 4 Tim Horn Lasercut Baseboards 5 Wizard Models Limited 6 247 Developments 2016 7 Green Scene 8 ALL Components 9 Gramodels 10 Roger Carpenter Photographs 11 N Brass Locos 12 D&E Videos - Realtrack Models – Legomanbiffo Superior Sounds 13 AMBIS Engineering 14 Eileen's Emporium  15 Modelu 16 Wild Swan Books Ltd 17 Isinglass Models 18 Marc Models / Electrifying Trains 19 Radley Models 20 Plus Daughters 21 Tools 2000 22 Ian's Trains 23 Cheltenham Model Centre 24 Shawplan Model Products 25 C&L Finescale TBS Ltd 26 PenBits Model Railways 27 High Level 28 Alan Gibson 29 Hornsey Broadway 30 Herstmonceux 31 North Ballachulish 32 Harkness 33 Burntisland 1883 34 Scalefour Society 35 Kyle of Sutherland 36 Hewisbridge 37 Croft Depot 38 Bill Hudson Transport Books 39 Replica Railways 40 Hobby Holidays 41 Roxey Mouldings 42 Taff Vale/Dragon Models 43 Minerva Model Railways 44 Model Railway Developments 45 Missenden Abbey Railway Modelling Courses 46 Severn Models 47 Dart Castings 48 Road Transport Images 49 South Eastern Finecast 50 Sunningwell Command Control Ltd 51 Ceynix Railway Trees 52 The Summit - Draper’s Sidings 53 Hebble Vale Goods 54 Dock Green 55 Ellesmere 56 The Mill 57 Kirkby Stephen West 58 London Road Models 59 Golden Arrow 60 ScaleSeven Group 61 Canute Road Quay 62 Pendon Museum 63 Judith Edge 64 2mm Scale Association 65 Foxcote New Pit

post-186-0-34564500-1525507921_thumb.jpg

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant

Here is the floor plan with numbers.

Stand No Stand Name 1 Railex Information Point 2 R&DMRC Club Stand 3 R&DMRC Second-Hand 4 Tim Horn Lasercut Baseboards 5 Wizard Models Limited 6 247 Developments 2016 7 Green Scene 8 ALL Components 9 Gramodels 10 Roger Carpenter Photographs 11 N Brass Locos 12 D&E Videos - Realtrack Models – Legomanbiffo Superior Sounds 13 AMBIS Engineering 14 Eileen's Emporium 15 Modelu 16 Wild Swan Books Ltd 17 Isinglass Models 18 Marc Models / Electrifying Trains 19 Radley Models 20 Plus Daughters 21 Tools 2000 22 Ian's Trains 23 Cheltenham Model Centre 24 Shawplan Model Products 25 C&L Finescale TBS Ltd 26 PenBits Model Railways 27 High Level 28 Alan Gibson 29 Hornsey Broadway 30 Herstmonceux 31 North Ballachulish 32 Harkness 33 Burntisland 1883 34 Scalefour Society 35 Kyle of Sutherland 36 Hewisbridge 37 Croft Depot 38 Bill Hudson Transport Books 39 Replica Railways 40 Hobby Holidays 41 Roxey Mouldings 42 Taff Vale/Dragon Models 43 Minerva Model Railways 44 Model Railway Developments 45 Missenden Abbey Railway Modelling Courses 46 Severn Models 47 Dart Castings 48 Road Transport Images 49 South Eastern Finecast 50 Sunningwell Command Control Ltd 51 Ceynix Railway Trees 52 The Summit - Draper’s Sidings 53 Hebble Vale Goods 54 Dock Green 55 Ellesmere 56 The Mill 57 Kirkby Stephen West 58 London Road Models 59 Golden Arrow 60 ScaleSeven Group 61 Canute Road Quay 62 Pendon Museum 63 Judith Edge 64 2mm Scale Association 65 Foxcote New Pit

Is Rumney Models no longer attending? His website says he is, but your list above suggests he isn't.....unless my eyesight needs checking again.

Edited by Horsetan

Probably missing for the first time in yonks, unless Messrs Cook, Root et al can blow it in three days. Otherwise I shall spend the weekend at Lord's wearing Kelly Green.

Bill

• Like 1

Hello

Just to remind you all that the competition closes this Saturday that we have setup in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

If you would like to enter click on the link below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

The staff at the old Civic Centre were easily the most helpful,  when Railex started I only had to ask for something and it appeared .one of the best was when we got the organ played by a member of the club.Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.

The staff at the old Civic Centre were easily the most helpful,

My first Railex was the second-last one at the Civic Centre and there was a girl on the pay-desk there who made glaciers look rapid.  Never, in the field of model railway exhibitions, has it taken so long for so few to be admitted.

• RMweb Gold

My first Railex was the second-last one at the Civic Centre and there was a girl on the pay-desk there who made glaciers look rapid.  Never, in the field of model railway exhibitions, has it taken so long for so few to be admitted.

Was this because she was very pretty, and men sought to linger longer?

Hello

I have uploaded the Railex 2018 Bus Timetable in pdf format to the Railex website,

www.railex.org.uk

Or you can download from the link below

Railex 2018 Bus Timetable.pdf

The timetable takes into account the football matches that are to be played at Wembley Stadium on the Saturday and the Sunday.

There was an error on the timetable now corrected, as we had the bus on the Saturday departing at 12.28 when it should have been 12.38.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT

Hello

There was an error on the timetable now corrected, as we had the bus on the Saturday, departing at 12.28 when it should have been 12.38.

The above post now has the updated timetable for you to download.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Hello All

I have uploaded the 2 versions of Railex 2018 Floorplan with Stand Numbers pages in pdf format to the Railex website, one with Colour Blocks and one without, just in case you want to save the ink in your printer.

www.railex.org.uk

Or direct on these links

Railex2018FloorPlanandStandNumbersWithColourBlocks.pdf

Railex2018FloorPlanandStandNumbersWithoutColourBlocks.pdf

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT