RAILEX 2018 26 & 27 MAY

David Bigcheeseplant

...looks like somethings turned up just in time for Railex. To celebrate the forth coming launch of Peco's latest addition to the Parkside range...we've gone and scratchbuilt a trio of 13 ton hoppers...if only I'd waited we could have saved hours of fun...

Also my Great Uncle Poursea (of this parish and don't call him Uncle) has been 'larking' around with something that most of us take for granted and no one ever seems to add into a model railway...yet its always there...stop by at Croft this weekend and you'll see what we mean...if you can't make it I'll ask Poorcy to make one of his famous videos...

post-7975-0-55532300-1527103086_thumb.jpg

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Only a few days to go. Tickets and programmes can be brought on our vintage bus which will save getting them at the stadium reception, cash only please.

David 

What's the total damage? as I know the girls like us to have the right money if possible and I will try to have a pocket full of shrapnel.

Hello All

Those of you who are taking the advantage of using the Free Vintage Bus, please can you if possible have the exact change for when you are buying your Railex ticket £9 and Programme £1 from the Bus Team, as this will help speed things along.

We have plenty of tickets to purchase.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Also my Great Uncle Poursea (of this parish and don't call him Uncle) has been 'larking' around with something that most of us take for granted and no one ever seems to add into a model railway...yet its always there...stop by at Croft this weekend and you'll see what we mean...if you can't make it I'll ask Poorcy to make one of his famous videos...

It's well known that I'm the world's most absent minded individual, but even more so in this case.

I can't recollect any projects undertaken for Croft (Don't call it Crock) over the past year or more, so I guess your comment is a bit of a lame duck and folk will certainly have to be eagle eyed to see anything that I have produced, although I might bring a part finished diesel thingy along to haul the track lifting train on closure of the branch, come Sunday afternoon.

P

P.s.  I'll give you Great Uncle, you young whippersnapper... you. Remember, my monkey's ar$e is only four years older than yours!

Now I must get back to pouring the magic into my weekend pulling pants. (Operator No. 3 reckons he has fixed his dancing pants so all in all, with the weather forecast for a very warm and humid weekend with plenty of sunshine but a risk of thunderstorms, it looks like it'll be a storming weekend.)

Edited by Porcy Mane

It's well known that I'm the world's most absent minded individual, but even more so in this case.

I can't recollect any projects undertaken for Croft (Don't call it Crock) over the past year or more, so I guess your comment is a bit of a lame duck and folk will certainly have to be eagle eyed to see anything that I have produced, although I might bring a part finished diesel thingy along to haul the track lifting train on closure of the branch, come Sunday afternoon.

P

P.s.  I'll give you Great Uncle, you young whippersnapper... you. Remember, my monkey's ar$e is only four years older than yours!

Now I must get back to pouring the magic into my weekend pulling pants. (Operator No. 3 reckons he has fixed his dancing pants so all in all, with the weather forecast for a very warm and humid weekend with plenty of sunshine but a risk of thunderstorms, it looks like it'll be a storming weekend.)

...as ever Mr Maine your replies are right 'on song'...and as a special tweet treat I've put the top box on the motor car just to accomdate your extra pants...

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I'll see you all there on the Saturday.... No doubt there'll be the usual overspill car park, etc.

The Railex website doesn't mention the overspill parking, though it has been a feature for several years (and was also available for Scaleforum in 2017). Can someone from the team please clarify so we can plan our journeys? Parking in front of the centre is likely to fill up very rapidly.

Hello All

Just a point on parking, it does get busy at the stadium, it will fill up quickly, as we only have a few hundred free places, once these are full you will be directed by our stewards to park in the hospital, we have hired one of the hospital staff car parks like in previous years, though this is likely this will fill too.  Please be patient with the stewards as they will endeavour to find you a space as quickly as they can.

There will be plenty of spaces in the adjacent hospital car parks as these are lightly used at weekends, but these charge, there are pay and display plus take your ticket and pay as you leave barrier type parking. If unsure please double check where you are parking, as you don't want to end up with a ticket!  Please do not park in staff only carparks.

As has been suggested many times park at the Friarscroft carpark by Morrisons in the town centre and get our vintage bus in from Aylesbury Station carpark, there is a short walk from the Elm Farm Shops bus stop to the exhibition.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT

Probably missing for the first time in yonks, unless Messrs Cook, Root et al can blow it in three days. Otherwise I shall spend the weekend at Lord's wearing Kelly Green.

Bill

It appears that the English cricket team have accepted your challenge Bill  :jester: 

Colin

I'm gutted I can't make the show, I was looking forward to it but I'm afraid life has just got in the way this weekend :-( Looks like a really great show so enjoy and good luck to all involved.

Steve.