RAILEX 2018 26 & 27 MAY

David Bigcheeseplant

Hello

Just a last point on parking, it does get busy at the stadium, and the carpark will fill up quickly, when this has you will be directed by our stewards to park in the overflow carpark in the hospital, and not before.   

When you arrive at the overflow carpark you will be given a ticket to display.

We a have limited number of stewards so please be patient with them as they will endeavour to find you a space as quickly as they can.

If unsure please double check where you are parking, as you don't want to end up with a ticket!

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold

Probably missing for the first time in yonks, unless Messrs Cook, Root et al can blow it in three days. Otherwise I shall spend the weekend at Lord's wearing Kelly Green.Bill

Sherry has just seen a Facebook post from her cousin, who an hour ago was sipping champoo at Lords with her Bishop. He of course is the ordained variety, as is cousin Reverend Sarah!

• RMweb Gold

I've just printed out the bus timetable and hall plan ready for Sunday, just need to write my shopping list now.

Always a good show and worth the drive.

Brian

Hello All

This is to inform you, that Pete Joels will be selling 'Risborough Venturer' tickets for the Club trip from Princes Risborough to the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway at Railex 2018 all weekend from the Club stand.

The date of the trip is the 30th September, with the costs only £45 per person.

For more information about the trip please see the Club website.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Yay hay! I'm going to make it after all, got to drive though, looks pretty straight forward from the m25. Now to do my shopping list.

Steve.

Steve.,

M25 to Junction 20 then A41 to Aylesbury. At Aylesbury, Stoke Mandeville  Hospital is well signposted.

You are looking for Harvey Road and that leads to the Stadium.

Going Sunday myself as it's usually less busy.

Regards,Del.

Steve.

Steve.,

M25 to Junction 20 then A41 to Aylesbury. At Aylesbury, Stoke Mandeville  Hospital is well signposted.

You are looking for Harvey Road and that leads to the Stadium.

Going Sunday myself as it's usually less busy.

Regards,Del.

Great, thanks for that Del.

Steve.

Hello All

If you arrive at the stadium early and buy a ticket at the stadium, you can buy a cooked breakfast before the show opens, or take a seat on the balcony over looking the exhibition.

We have lockers that rucksacks and other stuff can be left while you wander round the show.

David has again arranged for the ice cream van that parks out in front of the stadium to be there all day Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Just got home and really glad I went, the layouts were all stunning, bought some bits and had a chat to a couple of people from rmweb and not a lot of traffic both ways. All in all a great day. Thank you and well done to exhibitors and organizers alike.

Steve.

• RMweb Premium

What a great day out at RailEx, well worth the wet drive from Wiltshire.

Hornsey Broadway was every bit as good as I expected it to be - and as busy as I expected it to be - but every layout had something of interest to me, and all had several viewing during the day. Several excellent shunting type layouts which really prove that great things are possible in small spaces, and which hopefully will have encouraged newbies to have a go. 

So many things stick in the mind, but a Peak travelling at speed around the canted curve on The Summit was pretty special.

A big "thank you" to the organisers and exhibitors for their efforts to make it all happen.

• RMweb Premium

Did they go off into Aylesbury and do some shopping, or something?

Only those used to buy beer, the others were either left on the bus or at the show, some others are being scattered around various drinking emporia in London, except the Euston Tap, which wanted a minimum of six quid a pint.