=C=Rail= Intermodal Tanks

Scottish Modeller

• RMweb Gold

=C=Rail= Intermodal Ready to run Tanks

by Arran

original page on Old RMweb

??? posted on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:14 pm

HI All

I got the first samples of my ready to run tanks today in "United Transport" there some small alterations to the placement of the small detail but apart from that I'm happy.

Regards Arran

file.php?id=72436

file.php?id=72435

file.php?id=72434

Comment posted by Pete-Harvey on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:19 pm

They look very nice Arran what other livery's are you planing?

Pete

Comment posted by 66401 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:38 am

Do you know any Prices icon_what.gif

??? posted on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:05 pm

HI All

The prices are going to be in the region of ??????‚??8.50 each and 3 for ??????‚??24.00.

As for other liveries,there's a different version of this livery with a circle with UTT in it which looks OK, these the deep maroon version of the Sutton and EuroTainer, I have all the details for them so its just a matter of pressing the go button as and when.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by 66401 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Sounds good will be interested in a pack of 3 different liveries icon_biggrin.gif

Anychance of them being different colours

Comment posted by max stafford on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Jings, give him a chance lad! icon_lol.gif

Dave.

Comment posted by The Fatadder on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:09 pm

Is this a replacement for the current kits/transfer packs?

Does seem something else to look out for at Showcase later in the year!

??? posted on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 pm

HI All

NO "it is my kit" and its not a replacement, i just got the factory "which is doing the high cube" to make them and decorate them, but it dose offer up more possibilities if this works, and it will be one livery at a time, to start with.

The etched walkways for the tanks are very close, like next week as i was getting pestered for them.

The decorated tank will only be available from =C=RAIL= but i will have the website changed come the time.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by Claude_Dreyfus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:43 pm

Okay, dumb question time...

What type of freightliner flats are these designed for? Are they the plug type used by Dapol and Bachmann (which I suspect is the case) or are they a clip type, as used on Tomix for example?

??? posted on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:14 am

HI All

They will go on any intermodal wagon for the UK market and are the plug in type as you say

Regards Arran

Claude_Dreyfus wrote:

Okay, dumb question time...

What type of freightliner flats are these designed for? Are they the plug type used by Dapol and Bachmann (which I suspect is the case) or are they a clip type, as used on Tomix for example?

??? posted on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:31 pm

HI All

I got the second tank livery samples today, some small alterations but nothing you will notice, prices will be the same icon_biggrin.gif .

Regards Arran

file.php?id=95364

Comment posted by Pete-Harvey on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:40 pm

Looking good Arran.

Pete

Comment posted by BR Blue on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:50 am

Very nice Arran

That reminds me, I must get round to finishing the C-Rail items I got at Model Rail Scotland and at DEMU showcase.

Eamon

Comment posted by Martin_R on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:29 pm

Hi Arran,

Looks great - just a quick question - has the tank seam been offset to lie under the walkway to make it less visually obtrusive?

Regards,

Martin.

??? posted on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 pm

HI All

the tank seam is along the top, this is bacause the two half's of the barrel are printed separately the glued together.

I did ask the question when i started but it was not getting entertained as it was a pain to do it that way.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by 60_fan on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:11 am

Do these things always come white (main colour) as I would like some different coloured ones icon_what.gif

??? posted on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 pm

60_fan wrote:

Do these things always come white (main colour) as I would like some different coloured ones
icon_what.gif

HI

Mostly they are white, like 95% i would say, notable ones that arent are Bulkhaul and Sutton's.

I do the correct paint for Sutton's as well now as i got the paint spec so i couldn't help my self.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by Gloriousnse on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:18 am

Frame/end colours and logo's on white or unpainted tanks vary to give a bit of variety though - and in terms of a train a white tanktainer is variety as the rest of the boxes can be a variety of colours.

Arran does kits as well (they are nice & easy to build too) plus decals to do both Bulkhaul and Suttons schemes - the Seabrook livery on there is another one with a nice bright frame colour too - if you wanted a bit of variety it might be the way to go.

Building the kit also gives you the option of kitbashing the body a little as tanktainers are far more "individual" in style than your "normal" boxes are. icon_thumbsup2.gif

??? posted on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:04 pm

HI All

The Cronos tanks are now in stock and are the same price as the first batch icon_biggrin.gif

I will be at the Bonnybridge Show this weekend behind the Z Gauge layout ST Adrian if you want to collect.

Regards Arran

Comment posted by 66540_ruby on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi i ordered mine yesterday and they arrived today icon_clap.gif so thought i would post a couple of pics on Dapol FEA wagons the other containers are Dapol.

100_3099.jpg

100_3100.jpg

Craig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HI All

I received samples of my next tank last week , Interbulk is now the owner of the old UBC containers and the United transport tanks, so expect to see a load more of these liveried ones in the future as there is a program of repainting them.

Costs will be the same as before and I'm getting 700 done "expected late Feb" as the others have been going very well.

Regards Arran

post-530-12613180975294_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

HI All

The next tank from =C=Rail= will be NICHICON,

I would show you the ends, BUT since Hornby used my images from my now defunct fotopic site for there research i wont bother .

Regards Arran

post-530-0-72850000-1312735261_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Charlie,

If you do the the re-runs will the re-run tanktainers have the same tanktainer number as the first run or will they have different tanktainer numbers?

If the reruns have the same tanktainer number I'm not interested but, with different numbers, one of each please of the ones you've done.

Keith

HI All

The only rerun done so far were the Interbulk tanks and that was only because Interbulk placed a big one of order which made it a doable for me, i could do them with different numbers , but since there are loads of liveries to do i wont be going back and re running any time soon.

Regards Arran

PS

Here is the next tank.

post-530-0-02208700-1315933947_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI ALL

The Tate and Lyle tend to be all white from what ive seen, there are Hoyer tanks I suppose and I have all the info for them but as Hornby did there i think that will suppress demand.

Here are two that look different and the GCA Tainer looks good with the green frame and ive got the paint spec for that as well as the DE RIJKE.

Regards Arran

post-530-0-88781700-1322252847_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-99979800-1322252879_thumb.jpg

Archived